DVC Lounge in old Imageworks opens June 6th | Inside Universal Forums

DVC Lounge in old Imageworks opens June 6th

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's taking up a very small portion of the upstairs from what I hear. They built walls so you can only go to the main area once you get up there. No rainbow tunnel, won't be able to see windows, etc.

So if it's any consolation, it's an easy to demolish project.

They've been ramping up the benefits for members over the past few years. This is the first exclusive lounge though.

And it makes sense for them to do that considering they're only honoring the benefits to anyone who purchases directly through Disney now and not in resale.

Reactions: IzzyB
Disney was the only one not to have an exclusive lounge for some group of people. Sucks this is the first time I won't qualify. But it doesn't sound all that great. The uni and sea world ones are pretty cool.

Disney was the only one not to have an exclusive lounge for some group of people. Sucks this is the first time I won't qualify. But it doesn't sound all that great. The uni and sea world ones are pretty cool.
It's going to be fairly similar to the Sea World AP Lounge from what is described.

Reactions: IzzyB
this is just another punch to the gut.It seems Disney is just slowly turning everything into a lounge to charge your phone.This also makes the third attraction at Epcot.

this is just another punch to the gut.It seems Disney is just slowly turning everything into a lounge to charge your phone.This also makes the third attraction at Epcot.

Why when the other parks do this stuff it is not a "punch in the gut", but for Disney it is. Let's be fair. Uni and Sea World both have lounges like this. I see nothing wrong with this. It is to reward a subset group of park goers.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Why when the other parks do this stuff it is not a "punch in the gut", but for Disney it is. Let's be fair. Uni and Sea World both have lounges like this. I see nothing wrong with this. It is to reward a subset group of park goers.

Unfortunately Universal dosen't have enough lounges (AP Lounge please)....they are building new rides and stuff

SeaWorld does it for their AP holders, and on the walkways for everyone

Disney is doing it for the precious vacation club people...it's another step in them trying to make the 'Disney experience' lucrative rather than excellent...

Unfortunately Universal dosen't have enough lounges (AP Lounge please)....they are building new rides and stuff

SeaWorld does it for their AP holders, and on the walkways for everyone

Disney is doing it for the precious vacation club people...it's another step in them trying to make the 'Disney experience' lucrative rather than excellent...

And Universal has one for American Express holders because they make money off their Amex association. All parks are out to make money and have lounges for those reasons. Sea world wouldn't survive without AP holders so that is why they have lounges to thank AP pass holders and to get them to renew each year.

I just don't see how anyone has an issue with a lounge in a non-used space for a subset of guests. Every park does it and Disney was the last to catch on.

Oh and they aren't building anything doesn't hold up this year. They are opening a new ride, a refurb, and new show this year. Universal is opening a new ride and refurb. The next 3 years they will be opening a new land each of those years. I get there past sucks and Disney doesn't some crappy things. But I feel we sometimes carry their shortfalls into other things that just are no different than what the other parks are doing.

I took it as "punch to the gut" because they're finally utilizing the great ImageWorks space for a lounge. If the lounge took over Odyssey, it'd probably not suck.

Reactions: Quint and MrRoamer
And Universal has one for American Express holders because they make money off their Amex association. All parks are out to make money and have lounges for those reasons. Sea world wouldn't survive without AP holders so that is why they have lounges to thank AP pass holders and to get them to renew each year.

I just don't see how anyone has an issue with a lounge in a non-used space for a subset of guests. Every park does it and Disney was the last to catch on.

Oh and they aren't building anything doesn't hold up this year. They are opening a new ride, a refurb, and new show this year. Universal is opening a new ride and refurb. The next 3 years they will be opening a new land each of those years. I get there past sucks and Disney doesn't some crappy things. But I feel we sometimes carry their shortfalls into other things that just are no different than what the other parks are doing.

If you went into the original ImageWorks you would understand why people are upset..

The Amex lounge at Universal is kind of ridiculous, however, it still stands that Universal is on a much different course than Disney..Arguably so is Sea World..

It is also a kick in the groin to us (yes even me) Epcot fans that long to see something done there..

Disney has settled for less, this a sign of it..

Someone else said it looked easy to take down, so I guess I feel it will move or go away when they redo imagination. But we all know that project whether this happened or not is not going to happen for years.

Reactions: shiekra38
Someone else said it looked easy to take down, so I guess I feel it will move or go away when they redo imagination. But we all know that project whether this happened or not is not going to happen for years.
It is easy. The lounge is meant to be temporary.

If you guys know any DVC members, they can take 5 guests up at a time just as an FYI.

DVC pays for all these installations, it'll stay until they're done paying for it. Want proof Disney's totally f'd? Polynesian outdoor speakers won't be placed at DVC areas until DVC pays up for them. Yeah.

Also there's Disney Infinity stations up there. Talk about awkward.

Reactions: shiekra38
DVC pays for all these installations, it'll stay until they're done paying for it. Want proof Disney's totally f'd? Polynesian outdoor speakers won't be placed at DVC areas until DVC pays up for them. Yeah.

Also there's Disney Infinity stations up there. Talk about awkward.
Wow talk about missing the boat there. Put up Disney infinity stations after shuttering it. Could have really been a great marketing opportunity.

And to think that when Disney was still asking for suggested characters to add to Disney Infinity my suggestion was to add Figment. I did not want it the other way around with DI added to the Imagination pavilion.