Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Electric Ocean 2022

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Electric Ocean is coming back for summer running May 27th-September 5th.

A couple of new things this year--
  • Club Sea Glow at the Bayside Stadium will be joined by Club Electric Current on the Waterfront.
  • Elmo Rocks returns, this year at the Nautilus Theater
  • Rescue Tails will return showcasing SeaWorld's rescue efforts and feature a variety of recused animals at the Waterfront Theater, along with an after dark version, Rescue Tails:Night Vision featuring nocturnal animals
  • The IgNite fireworks will be spread out across more of the lake this year (since the Bayside Pathway is gone) for viewing anywhere around the lake
  • They'll have an array of food and drink offerings at booths around the lake (always good stuff!)
  • There will be a new upcharge offering-- exclusive firework viewing from the Sky Tower which will feature champagne and chocolate as part of the viewing experience

Anyone notice that Electric Ocean is no more? Replaced with “Summer Spectacular”

I always thought Electric Ocean was a success. Maybe it wasn’t. But I doubt replacing it with something so generic would help move the needle at all.

Looks like it still has Ignite Fireworks and Club Sea Glow. So pretty much still Electric Ocean but not sure what else may have changed other than the name.

Anyone notice that Electric Ocean is no more? Replaced with “Summer Spectacular”

I always thought Electric Ocean was a success. Maybe it wasn’t. But I doubt replacing it with something so generic would help move the needle at all.
From what I know, Magic in the Sky owned the Electric Ocean name at the very least, if not the full show.

SeaWorld has parted with them following the warehouse fire where they not only store, but supposedly also did some testing, thus the reason for the change.

Looks like it still has Ignite Fireworks and Club Sea Glow. So pretty much still Electric Ocean but not sure what else may have changed other than the name.
Kinda seems like a continuation of the gradual watering down of Electric Ocean from what it originally was in 2017. My guess is now that there are almost no elements of the "ocean" or "electric" theme left, they're rebranding it as a generic Summer Nights style filler "event" that's basically just extended summer hours and some fireworks, rather than an actual legit event you'd make plans to see. Not sure why they decided to give up on it though; Electric Ocean was very well executed and seemed really successful at drawing people in, even during otherwise slow years. Maybe they feel confident they'll get big summer crowds staying late and spending money even without anything special going on?
Whatever the reason, it's a bummer they killed it off. Electric Ocean was really the first and only memorable summer event at any American park I've been to. On the bright side, it seems like SWSD is planning to actually improve the quality its own summer event this year, at least the entertainment.

Last edited:
Went on Saturday... and Ignite was running off the charts. A ridiculous amount of pyro compared to last year's sub-par (understandable) performance. Fuel prices last year definitely impacted the flamethrowers, this year felt like there was the same amount as when electric ocean first started.

The overall event is lackluster with no decorations, and thankfully, loud music only contained to the amphitheater. If you didn't make it to the amphitheater, there's a good chance you never encounter anything related to the event.

Still ridiculous that SeaWorld thinks they can charge $15.99 for loaded fries at the only food booth for the event without any lanyard/offer.

Went on Saturday... and Ignite was running off the charts. A ridiculous amount of pyro compared to last year's sub-par (understandable) performance. Fuel prices last year definitely impacted the flamethrowers, this year felt like there was the same amount as when electric ocean first started.

The overall event is lackluster with no decorations, and thankfully, loud music only contained to the amphitheater. If you didn't make it to the amphitheater, there's a good chance you never encounter anything related to the event.

Still ridiculous that SeaWorld thinks they can charge $15.99 for loaded fries at the only food booth for the event without any lanyard/offer.
Seriously though, what is happening with all of SWO's seasonal events? Did the annual budget get some drastic cut and they're trying to triage what's left between HOS and Christmas? Electric Ocean is gone, Seven Seas felt like an afterthought, even the Christmas event seems pared down from previous years.

Seriously though, what is happening with all of SWO's seasonal events? Did the annual budget get some drastic cut and they're trying to triage what's left between HOS and Christmas? Electric Ocean is gone, Seven Seas felt like an afterthought, even the Christmas event seems pared down from previous years.

gotta save money for the coasters they keep building