Epcot Food & Wine 2017 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot Food & Wine 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 13, 2011
Tampa, FL
The Epcot Food and Wine festival has launched for 2017 and there's already lots of buzz and some standouts.

I figure this thread can be for reviews/info, whatever we want really.

For starters, the decor is obviously up:

Light Lab in Future World is behind ClubCool and i already getting a lot of attention with its neon and blacklight and dayglow drinks.

Over in Odyssey the Bright Horizons is popular:

Along with the return of the Handwich:

But really, everyone is there for the Epcot 35 gallery:

The DIS on Twitter

Apparently the Figment Chef ears are starting to sell out.

DisneyDiary on Twitter

Cannot wait for the food and wine festival this year!! Had an absolute blast eating my way through the countries last time we went two years ago, and this time we are going in early November so instead of the 95+ degree day we had in 2015, we should be getting much more enjoyable weather. I can almost taste the boeuf bourguignon from France already!

Cannot wait for the food and wine festival this year!! Had an absolute blast eating my way through the countries last time we went two years ago, and this time we are going in early November so instead of the 95+ degree day we had in 2015, we should be getting much more enjoyable weather. I can almost taste the boeuf bourguignon from France already!
We were lucky that our day visit for Epcot in May was a mid 70 degree high. It was so very enjoyable to tour an Orlando park in comfortable weather for the first time ever. Instead of our planned 6 or 7 hour stay, we stayed almost all day. What a difference when the weather is not hot & humid. Our energy level was through the roof. :)

Reactions: Suprachica79
It was soooo hot but I managed to get video of all the merch, the entire Legacy Showplace (yay for Horizons music playing while I was in there) and all of the Future World marketplaces. I'm going back next week to get photos and taste more foods from World Showcase. My first trip was more about checking out the Legacy Showplace.

Oh, and Light Lab was very cool. Wasn't expecting that.

Here's my video:

Reactions: UNIrd
Wow, they really expanded the festival this year... seems like it now has a very heavy Future World presence on top of adding about 4 new countries in World Showcase this year too.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
Wow, they really expanded the festival this year... seems like it now has a very heavy Future World presence on top of adding about 4 new countries in World Showcase this year too.
Yea, and I really like that the Future World ones look modern and take a futuristic approach, for the most part.

With the Festival Center and Legacy Showplace at Future World East and all the new food booths at Future World West, it's definitely a whole park event now.

Reactions: Nick

Epcot management does, if anything, have the sense of mind to pay attention to what guests "like" (expressed as money spent).

And while it's not a hard ticket event, I'd certainly rather go to Epcot and just do Food/Wine than pay for single day admission to DHS.

Epcot management does, if anything, have the sense of mind to pay attention to what guests "like" (expressed as money spent).

And while it's not a hard ticket event, I'd certainly rather go to Epcot and just do Food/Wine than pay for single day admission to DHS.
I don't have a problem with the festivals at Epcot. The festivals actually fit the parks theme as a permanent World's Fair imo. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I think they're fine.

Where I have a problem is the lack of investment into attractions for the park over the years. With all the money those festivals bring in, there's no reason they don't spend more on the park itself.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Okay, so after visiting a second time, this time with Jenn and all day, I've tried food from 20 booths now. And I have to say, I actually like Flower and Garden more. Not sure why, but the foods didn't really call out to me the way the last festival did. And there's just too much at this one. I even kind of like the Arts Festival more, because at least then I could sample something from nearly every booth and be done in one day. This festival is getting too big for its britches, and I kind of hope they pull it back a little next year.

In any case, you can see a full review for everything we tried so far here: Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2017 – Review & Full Coverage – Orlando ParkStop

Some of the stand outs for us were:

Seared Scallops from The Wine and Dine Studio:
3-Wine-Dine-Food.jpg

Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from The Chocolate Studio:
3-Chocolate-Food.jpg

Kalua Pork Slider, Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash, and Passion Fruit Cheesecake from Hawai’i:
3-Hawaii-Food.jpg

Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake and Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce from Thailand:
3-Thailand-Food.jpg

Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip and Warm Chocolate Pudding from Ireland:
3-Ireland-Food.jpg

Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard is our favorite dessert so far:
3-Ireland-Food2.jpg

New England Lobster Roll, Smoked Beef Brisket with Pimento Cheese, and Carrot Cake from Hops & Barley:
3-America-Food.jpg

I liked that the Lobster Roll uses a butter sauce rather than mayonnaise, and it's a big portion of lobster!
3-America-Food2-1.jpg

And I'm a sucker for Boba, so the Bright Horizons was fun... plus, where else at Disney can you get a light up cup for only 4.50?
IMG_1897.jpg

3-Legacy-Food.jpg

We might go back and try some more stuff, but man there's a lot of booths! Hopefully next time we go the weather will be a little nicer. There wasn't even a breeze the two times I've visited so far. (Another reason to like the Arts Festival! Cooler weather!) Check out my full review here. I'll update it if we do go again.

Damn I want pretty much all of that !, I shall be at Epcot the 2nd day of my trip so may have to do some sampling :D
Just remember, if you like scallops, the ones from Wine and Dine were 100 times better than the ones from Coastal Eats. Those were a soggy mess. At least when I got them.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Okay, so after visiting a second time, this time with Jenn and all day, I've tried food from 20 booths now. And I have to say, I actually like Flower and Garden more. Not sure why, but the foods didn't really call out to me the way the last festival did. And there's just too much at this one. I even kind of like the Arts Festival more, because at least then I could sample something from nearly every booth and be done in one day. This festival is getting too big for its britches, and I kind of hope they pull it back a little next year.

In any case, you can see a full review for everything we tried so far here: Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2017 – Review & Full Coverage – Orlando ParkStop

Some of the stand outs for us were:

Seared Scallops from The Wine and Dine Studio:
3-Wine-Dine-Food.jpg

Sweet Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from The Chocolate Studio:
3-Chocolate-Food.jpg

Kalua Pork Slider, Teriyaki-glazed SPAM Hash, and Passion Fruit Cheesecake from Hawai’i:
3-Hawaii-Food.jpg

Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake and Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce from Thailand:
3-Thailand-Food.jpg

Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip and Warm Chocolate Pudding from Ireland:
3-Ireland-Food.jpg

Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard is our favorite dessert so far:
3-Ireland-Food2.jpg

New England Lobster Roll, Smoked Beef Brisket with Pimento Cheese, and Carrot Cake from Hops & Barley:
3-America-Food.jpg

I liked that the Lobster Roll uses a butter sauce rather than mayonnaise, and it's a big portion of lobster!
3-America-Food2-1.jpg

And I'm a sucker for Boba, so the Bright Horizons was fun... plus, where else at Disney can you get a light up cup for only 4.50?
IMG_1897.jpg

3-Legacy-Food.jpg

We might go back and try some more stuff, but man there's a lot of booths! Hopefully next time we go the weather will be a little nicer. There wasn't even a breeze the two times I've visited so far. (Another reason to like the Arts Festival! Cooler weather!) Check out my full review here. I'll update it if we do go again.
I gained ten pounds just looking at your food photos. :):lol:

Oh man... can't wait to try some of that! :drool::cheers:.
We are doing it over 2 days, knowing that there is waaay too much to try for one visit.
We review the menu prior to our visit and mark-off things we want to try. This way we have a good idea of how much we need to cover each day.

Reactions: Suprachica79