Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think 19 months would be long enough (by Disney's standard pace) for the kind of complete overhaul most of us would hope to see, anyway.

If they're ever going to re-do Journey, I want a top-to-bottom new version (taking inspiration from the story structure of the original ride).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't think 19 months would be long enough (by Disney's standard pace) for the kind of complete overhaul most of us would hope to see, anyway.

If they're ever going to re-do Journey, I want a top-to-bottom new version (taking inspiration from the story structure of the original ride).
Considering that the Figment ride system is in rough shape, though not as bad as SSE, I'd imagine it's a complete gutting of the attraction ride system whenever they work on this project.

A Figment restoration feels like such an obvious slam-dunk decision that Disney's silence and hesitation honestly makes me feel a little...nervous? I know I shouldn't be. I've really enjoyed all of the Epcot improvements, as well as the new dark rides they've designed of the last decade, and I should be glad they're taking their time if thats what they need to do to make sure its done correctly. But there's also the scarier thought that maybe the avoidance is because they actually don't know what to do or what people want from Figment..? That's not a fun idea.

Reactions: Nico
A Figment restoration feels like such an obvious slam-dunk decision that Disney's silence and hesitation honestly makes me feel a little...nervous? I know I shouldn't be. I've really enjoyed all of the Epcot improvements, as well as the new dark rides they've designed of the last decade, and I should be glad they're taking their time if thats what they need to do to make sure its done correctly. But there's also the scarier thought that maybe the avoidance is because they actually don't know what to do or what people want from Figment..? That's not a fun idea.
I wonder if they are still thinking about changing it to Inside out considering Inside Out isn't really represented anywhere? The main issue I think Disney is dealing with there is Inside Out doesn't move merch and Figment does. The WoL pavilion is still sitting there and could be turned into something Inside Out without taking away Figment if they really want.

I wonder if they are still thinking about changing it to Inside out considering Inside Out isn't really represented anywhere? The main issue I think Disney is dealing with there is Inside Out doesn't move merch and Figment does. The WoL pavilion is still sitting there and could be turned into something Inside Out without taking away Figment if they really want.
Inside Out would be a no-brainer if it was any other Disney attraction, but it's Figment.

I think they probably could've gotten away with tearing out Imagination sometime in the late 2000s or early 2010s, but they've pushed this character really hard in recent years. They make a ton of money off of Figment merch, marketing, licensing, etc. and effectively treat him as the Walt Disney World mascot next to Mickey, Minnie, and Dumbo. Maybe they're waiting to see how the Disney+ show works out, maybe marketing and Imagineering are on different pages, but I think it'd be a really tough sell to tear out Imagination at this point.