Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s other plots remaining. Two plots right by the Africa section (one plot currently being used as staging for Harmonius)

I've heard one of those plots is wanted by operations for maintenance of the nighttime show. The other would apparently need to be an almost entirely indoor pavilion built in a mega-reinforced (read: very expensive) structure, as supposedly the fireworks are stored in an adjacent area.

I thought this was the best summary of EPCOT I've seen:

Tragic, really.

I've heard one of those plots is wanted by operations for maintenance of the nighttime show. The other would apparently need to be an almost entirely indoor pavilion built in a mega-reinforced (read: very expensive) structure, as supposedly the fireworks are stored in an adjacent area.

Tragic, really.
You’re talking about the same plot. The plot that needs to be reinforced and indoors like Mexico is right by the Marina where they are currently are using for staging.

They should stop being such teases and announce an opening date already so I can rope drop Epcot on opening day and take the EXACT SAME PICTURE as the other 100 bloggers that will be there...

Reactions: Grabnar
They should stop being such teases and announce an opening date already so I can rope drop Epcot on opening day and take the EXACT SAME PICTURE as the other 100 bloggers that will be there...
Yes but deference is shown to those who upload it the quickest. You know, because a new fountain sells tickets.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I've always liked that WS merch has been not only park specific, but specific to World Showcase. I'd hate to see generic "DisneyParks" merch produced now for WS. This is just another one of those declining by degrees measures if it happens.

• Sad
Reactions: Grabnar
I've always liked that WS merch has been not only park specific, but specific to World Showcase. I'd hate to see generic "DisneyParks" merch produced now for WS. This is just another one of those declining by degrees measures if it happens.

Only generic Epcot or Disney merch allowed now I guess

This makes me really upset.

So, so frustrating.

I know it's only the park entrance, but there's no denying that this is a much more appealing first impression. It's not a ride, but it's a positive development, even if it is just going back to the look that was already in place before the tombstones.
It's nice for sure, but knowing what we know about what's coming, it's kind of an ironic monument.

Reactions: belloq87
I've stayed out of the loop, I get that Guardians are coming and all -- it has been a long time since I've been, but I just do not like the choice of colors I am seeing around Future World. Just my opinion.

ec1.jpgec2.jpgec3.jpgec4.jpg

There's not, as of yet, much of a unifying philosophy that I can detect in terms of the usage of color in Future World.
I think once the Future World work is all wrapped up, things will be a lot more than presently. With so much being worked on, I’d at least hope that’s the case.