Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I suppose I understand the hate for new tracks at Epcot

If they ever replaced the IOA theme with something else I would riot

However, music goes a long way to communicate

I will miss the Innoventions loop tho

Reactions: SkiBum
"EPCOT has a unique musical voice – a legacy and future with a sound all its own. As we shared with D23 in 2019, our team has been working on new music and a parkwide soundscape informing new shows, attractions and environments we are bringing to life in this transformation to live alongside the classic songs and themes EPCOT is known for. This week we released a new EPCOT main entrance soundtrack with new tracks featuring bold themes with inspiring arrangements that set the stage for exploration, celebration and discovery.

Associate Music Producer Leeann Hsueh drew inspiration from the breathtaking views and aspirational architecture of the original EPCOT when selecting the new soundtrack for this enhanced space. Hsueh notes “most of the music selections feature a hybrid orchestra – a combination of live musicians and electronic elements to bring a freshness to the music program.” This soundtrack captures our mission with this park and our work – that our shared future is bright and rich when we connect and celebrate what makes us …. Us."

"EPCOT has a unique musical voice (that we're slowly getting rid of)."

A new "parkwide soundscape" would certainly imply to me that they're eventually going to be dropping all the classic themes and songs from area loops, despite the baffling claim that their new work will "live alongside" that stuff. You can't live alongside something if that something isn't there anymore.

And again, I'm glad the new loop isn't just a collection of Disney movie songs. That's a great thing. I just wish it had some ties and relevance to what's actually still in the theme park.

"EPCOT has a unique musical voice – a legacy and future with a sound all its own. As we shared with D23 in 2019, our team has been working on new music and a parkwide soundscape informing new shows, attractions and environments we are bringing to life in this transformation to live alongside the classic songs and themes EPCOT is known for. This week we released a new EPCOT main entrance soundtrack with new tracks featuring bold themes with inspiring arrangements that set the stage for exploration, celebration and discovery.

Associate Music Producer Leeann Hsueh drew inspiration from the breathtaking views and aspirational architecture of the original EPCOT when selecting the new soundtrack for this enhanced space. Hsueh notes “most of the music selections feature a hybrid orchestra – a combination of live musicians and electronic elements to bring a freshness to the music program.” This soundtrack captures our mission with this park and our work – that our shared future is bright and rich when we connect and celebrate what makes us …. Us."

Some of the songs on the list remind me of the original loop from the 80s

The Disney Nature stuff and other scores fit right in as well

You might be a bit generous by calling it almost done at the pace they’ve been going :lol:

It‘s hard to tell from that photo, but does anyone know what they’re doing with the cluster of food festival booths in the top left? Kinda looks like they didn’t move them but also kinda looks like those are new tents that they just popped up to cover break areas. That was a nice little area.

You might be a bit generous by calling it almost done at the pace they’ve been going :lol:

It‘s hard to tell from that photo, but does anyone know what they’re doing with the cluster of food festival booths in the top left? Kinda looks like they didn’t move them but also kinda looks like those are new tents that they just popped up to cover break areas. That was a nice little area.
Overall the pace has been glacial. But it's been moving faster since they actually picked it up again. This is what it looked like a month ago. So i'd say about this time next month it should be fully gone.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Quite an involved construction process for what might end up being just some gardens and booths.
Much like the universe itself, Epcot is mostly empty space and could compress to the size of a toaster

Speaking of which, I wish Disney was more excited about outdoor coasters

I'm just looking half of Future Worl.....ahem...World Future..and imagining the possibilities

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheezbat
Much like the Universe itself, Epcot is mostly empty space and could compress to the size of a toaster

Speaking of which, I wish Disney was more excited about outdoor coasters

I'm just looking half of Future Worl.....ahem...World Future..and imagining the possibilities
After dodging a bullet with "Project Gemini" and time racers going into SSE, and a suspended coaster in front of The Land, I'm glad they're not going that route...

epcot-discoveryland-project-gemini.jpg

Reactions: belloq87
I don't know it it ever got that far. Probably a Vekoma since that's who Disney works with on coasters, but I also heard it was a Batman the Ride clone.

Hopefully this is all nonsense and not really going anywhere...

There are so many other things they should be spending their money on (like, I don't know, finishing all the other announced attractions that are being slow-walked, just for starters) that an Epcot entrance hotel -- after they just redid the entry experience in a pretty wonderful and inviting way, which this would obliterate -- should be way, waaaaaaaay down their list of priorities.

It really depends on where it goes, but I just don't see Disney passing up charging a TON of money for those Harmonious views.