Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the eventual opening of Connections, I'm hoping they'll finally open a corridor through the "spine." Particularly in advance of all the crowding that will arrive with Cosmic Rewind, it seems like it should be essential to provide another way for guests to move through nuFuture World and access this restaurant and the gift shop.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This. We can cry about the "identity" of our favorite theme park destination, but until Disney sees a meaningful drop in revenue per person (and attendance is increasing anyway), absolutely nothing will change. It's arguable that the identity of EPCOT (Epcot?) has been in crisis for decades and none of that really matters because it's the food and adult beverage park and that's enough attraction in and of itself. How long does the Food & Wine festival last every year now?

And the reality is that family of four is going to hear about that coaster with the cute smack talking raccoon and book a vacation anyway.

Disclaimer: I don't live in Florida so these are outside observations. I still like the park and visit every so often.
It's fun to ask random people what they think Epcot identity is supposed to be

They're all like "sir please get away from me and my son" or "sir are you going to order because you're holding up the line"

Nobody knows

It's a shame because I love omnimovers and international cafeteria food, the GP will never understand

The park needs a Re-dedication, tbh. They clearly aren't dedicated to much of anything on that plaque.
"Here we celebrate cultures as seen through the lens of Pixar films developed in California, as well we celebrating the Marvel franchises that Universal didn't lock up in its dumb Harry Potter park....welcome to Epcot, be inspired by the future or whatever"

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Well, I wouldn't say it's terrible so much as completely unavailable, so you're basically getting the same experience whether you've paid for it or not...lol.
Source: Am Disneyland AP Holder

Also, the comedy in this thread is top tier. I've been laughing out loud at almost everything.

I'm honestly slightly surprised they haven't quietly gotten rid of it.

Because it obviously no longer really applies to whatever they think they're doing with the park.
The park needs a Re-dedication, tbh. They clearly aren't dedicated to much of anything on that plaque.

This is the thing I legit despise about the Epcot redo - they're two-faced. On one hand they'll praise OG, bring back pavilion logos, the acrylic pylons, etc. Then they'll turn around and go "well yes this is the first other World Showcase pavilion ha ha ha". Like, you can't have your cake and eat it too, either you live the mission or you don't. Don't wear the skin of Epcot while building Magic Kingdom.

This is the thing I legit despise about the Epcot redo - they're two-faced. On one hand they'll praise OG, bring back pavilion logos, the acrylic pylons, etc. Then they'll turn around and go "well yes this is the first other World Showcase pavilion ha ha ha". Like, you can't have your cake and eat it too, either you live the mission or you don't. Don't wear the skin of Epcot while building Magic Kingdom.
The Honey I Shrunk The Kids Land will be a huge hit, and you'll be eating crow

With the eventual opening of Connections, I'm hoping they'll finally open a corridor through the "spine." Particularly in advance of all the crowding that will arrive with Cosmic Rewind, it seems like it should be essential to provide another way for guests to move through nuFuture World and access this restaurant and the gift shop.
They will. Connections will open with the pathway on the “inside of the curve” open just like Creations. This will replace the current Guardians bypass as the access corridor for that side of the park

Well, I wouldn't say it's terrible so much as completely unavailable, so you're basically getting the same experience whether you've paid for it or not...lol.
Source: Am Disneyland AP Holder

Situation has become oddly different in Orlando. With non-legacy APs only being sold for like 2 or 3 months since the pandemic began, and the attrition in APs, reservations still annoying but very easy to come by. Even last week, a major Spring Break week, resort guests and day guests were shut out everywhere but APs basically had almost complete availability.

Reactions: Magic Feather
Situation has become oddly different in Orlando. With non-legacy APs only being sold for like 2 or 3 months since the pandemic began, and the attrition in APs, reservations still annoying but very easy to come by. Even last week, a major Spring Break week, resort guests and day guests were shut out everywhere but APs basically had almost complete availability.
That’s the weird thing is Disney is trying to maintain the number of AP’s to where if you have one you are effectively getting all the access you want (barring like NYE). That plus the retooling of blockout dates to prioritize insane dates (Thanksgiving and Christmas Season) to best rope them off for Out of State guests.

I can’t think of a day in recent history where there hasn’t been at least one park available day of, especially later in the day. Sure it adds and extra step to going, but I never really understood the validity of the “removes spontaneous visits” argument for WDW (DLR on the other hand…)

THIS 1000%. I understand when people say, "you expect to see Disney characters at Disney parks" but they don't have to be everywhere at every Disney Parks. Certain parks like Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios lend themselves to that mindset better than Epcot does. Epcot was never built or intended to show off Disney characters, obviously we're a long way away from that era of Disney, but Disney should stop harkening back to their "this what OG Epcot inspired us to do..."
Build an original pavilion without an IP and then you can reference all the OG Epcot you, because otherwise we're a few more "additions" away from a Magic Kingdom 2.0

Reactions: SpyderDan