Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I have to read Imagineers trotting out Walt's "constant state of becoming" line one more time to justify their work...

I mean, sure, that's a pretty cool idea for flooring, but we're now so far removed from the original EPCOT concept that I'm not sure what the value of this sort of pandering is. Who do you think you are going to please? Classic EPCOT Center fans who have watched the park be thematically dismantled? No way. The average guest who has no idea what Walt Disney's original vision for EPCOT was? Highly unlikely.

If I have to read Imagineers trotting out Walt's "constant state of becoming" line one more time to justify their work...

I mean, sure, that's a pretty cool idea for flooring, but we're now so far removed from the original EPCOT concept that I'm not sure what the value of this sort of pandering is. Who do you think you are going to please? Classic EPCOT Center fans who have watched the park be thematically dismantled? No way. The average guest who has no idea what Walt Disney's original vision for EPCOT was? Highly unlikely.

Epcot 2022 wearing the face of EPCOT 1982.

MV5BOTJiY2ZjNTEtNWRiMC00NGNjLWFlYmEtMTU0NzA2ZjgxZTRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODM4ODAzMTY@._V1_.jpg

New signage put up in the breezeway. Note the empty spot next to GotG, which could easily be for Play! in the future.

You can see pretty much clear through the Connections Eatery in this pic. Good shot of what it looks like.

New signage put up in the breezeway. Note the empty spot next to GotG, which could easily be for Play! in the future.

You can see pretty much clear through the Connections Eatery in this pic. Good shot of what it looks like.

Very slick.

The signs are beautiful and I like how they light up at night. I just had the though that with so much glass, the Eatery will get pretty hot in some parts, leaving some tables undesirable, no?
The entire wall of the new gift shop is glass and it always seems fine in there. It’ll be pretty bright though.

The entire wall of the new gift shop is glass and it always seems fine in there. It’ll be pretty bright though.
I don’t believe there’s as much sun from the wall of windows for Creations. I like the return of the windows though, so I don’t particularly care too much, I guess :lol:

Reactions: Alicia