Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

There is no place it could go where it wouldn't be obtrusive.

If they want to charge for views of the nighttime show, why did they cut the new Festival Center?

There is no place it could go where it wouldn't be obtrusive.

If they want to charge for views of the nighttime show, why did they cut the new Festival Center?
The last time this rumor popped up, it had the hotel going over where the bus stop is. I wouldn’t call that much in the way of obtrusive, especially if it leads to them finally redoing the Epcot bus stop.

Could be nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to build high-end DVC. With Reflections off the table there's nothing in the pipeline except the Disneyland Hotel addition. They don't really make money if they don't have points to sell.

As potentially the only high-return project on the WDW horizon, it would certainly give the DVC people leverage to get a high-value piece of land.

Could be nothing but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to build high-end DVC. With Reflections off the table there's nothing in the pipeline except the Disneyland Hotel addition. They don't really make money if they don't have points to sell.

As potentially the only high-return project on the WDW horizon, it would certainly give the DVC people leverage to get a high-value piece of land.
Reflections isn’t off the table, it’s more just paused. Reflections is in a prime spot and they’ll always be looking to build DVC, meaning it’ll get built eventually.

Reflections isn’t off the table, it’s more just paused. Reflections is in a prime spot and they’ll always be looking to build DVC, meaning it’ll get built eventually.
That’s kinda like saying that the 2009/10 version of the River Country hotel was just paused since it also used earth tones and was in roughly the same area and roughly the same size.

DVC has a much stronger hand than they did 24 months ago so they can go for land that they want more than River Country. Those plots exist.

Lost track of this being the Epcot thread - I think there needs to be a lot more than a permit update as evidence that an Epcot hotel is back on.

It's kind of wild to think the park is going to be in that condition during (at least much of) the resort's 50th Anniversary.
By the 50th (October 1), I expect the Electric Umbrella replacement and Mouse Gears to both be open.

Also, if they are actually doing Moana, that shouldn’t take too long. It’s more or less just a walkthrough. I could see it done by Early/mid-2022.

But if they are in no rush, which, tbh, is likely, then it probably doesn’t open until late 2022 or even 2023 possibly.

By the 50th (October 1), I expect the Electric Umbrella replacement and Mouse Gears to both be open.

Also, if they are actually doing Moana, that shouldn’t take too long. It’s more or less just a walkthrough. I could see it done by Early/mid-2022.

But if they are in no rush, which, tbh, is likely, then it probably doesn’t open until late 2022 or even 2023 possibly.
FW QS by the 50th is a no.

Moana a little later than you have it.
2023 or 2024 for full center completion, which is admittedly absurd.

Sorry if this has been addressed look back the last 4 pages and didn't see any speculation on dates on when all the announced new attractions will be completed.
Do we have any guesses? My plan would be to visit WDW once Epcot gets all its new updates.

Sorry if this has been addressed look back the last 4 pages and didn't see any speculation on dates on when all the announced new attractions will be completed.
Do we have any guesses? My plan would be to visit WDW once Epcot gets all its new updates.

Sounds like 2024 (for the projects that are still on and haven't been cancelled).

This 80's fan feels a sense of loss and the dawning realization Epcot may not be a destination I want to return to in the future or will in my lifetime, sad, I spent a lot of time there.

I love Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, The American Adventure, and Impressions (and World Showcase, in general) too much to not go back, but the sense of loss is definitely real.

Sounds like 2024 (for the projects that are still on and haven't been cancelled).

I love Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, The American Adventure, and Impressions (and World Showcase, in general) too much to not go back, but the sense of loss is definitely real.

For us, it's a park hopper thing. We go to Epcot and hit our favorites and then move on to another park with only half the day gone. Plus, we can then use the Skyliner to head over to Studios. Double-win.

To change topics I’d like to see the Imagination overhaul that’s been rumored finally come to fruition. Supposedly Tony Baxter said a while back that he’d be willing to come out of retirement for this one project if it’s ever green lighted. This could be the bone thrown to the old-school fans that everyone’s been begging for. Bring back Dreamfinder with the original storyline, gut the building for a trackless dark ride, and make it more or less a taste of classic Epcot thrown into one attraction. Maybe in certain scenes have some of the ‘ideas’ be callbacks to Horizons, WOM, etc. This new version could have a section about the ideas of the past, and then the ideas of the future.

The new MouseGear will now be called... Creations Shop. It will open this summer, and it will look pretty generic...

This doesn't look like a store I'll want to spend any time in; I don't like the bland "open concept" approach. There's just no character to it.

Adjacent to the shop will be a revitalized Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola, which will also open this summer. This will celebrate Coca-Cola in a fresh new way, while keeping the fan-favorite experience that invites you to explore tasty drinks from around the world. This space will also have some new magic to bring the global experience of Coca-Cola to life for you.
B E V E R L Y