Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Glad you like it…but it’s not Disney.

the fact that everybody is going this route is a major reason people like me don’t care to shop at malls and in Disney’s stores when they’re all like this….and all selling generic garbage.
It's interesting because I've never been particularly fond of Disney/Epcot merch selection as I found it..um.."kitschy"

But there's a ton of things I would buy in this particular store

IDK maybe I'm a Plebian after all

Lots left out of an Epcot update from Disney, although they do say they will provide more info on “other previously announced” attractions.

Also, Future World name will cease to exist according to Disney on October 1st, as the new neighborhoods will be implemented officially.

I think it's bizarre to do this while the front half of the park is still a construction war zone (and seemingly will be for years yet).
The Festival area (front half) should be done already. It's literally trees and a glorified Moana splash pad

I'll give them covid and such, but I have a feeling it's going to be a crater for much longer than it should be

The Festival area (front half) should be done already. It's literally trees and a glorified Moana splash pad

I'll give them covid and such, but I have a feeling it's going to be a crater for much longer than it should be
It took them forever to knock down innoventions. I can see Moana being open sometime next year. It shouldn't take too long if they actually try. There's minimal rock work, a ton of foliage, and splash pads, so they should be able to put that together pretty quick once they get going.

I think the next thing to open in the central spine though will be the Electric Umbrella replacement, probably by the holidays.

It took them forever to knock down innoventions. I can see Moana being open sometime next year. It shouldn't take too long if they actually try. There's minimal rock work, a ton of foliage, and splash pads, so they should be able to put that together pretty quick once they get going.

I think the next thing to open in the central spine though will be the Electric Umbrella replacement, probably by the holidays.
I hope the main spine turns out well. It really needs some nice green space to make it feel balanced

Say what you will about Communicore, but it always helped the area feel balanced and symmetrical

Unfortunately just done with 1980's architecture

I’m wondering if they are considering using the WoL pavilion for festivals again since they have said numerous times that the World Celebration structure is not being built. They need more space for demonstrations and other indoor festival activities

I’m wondering if they are considering using the WoL pavilion for festivals again since they have said numerous times that the World Celebration structure is not being built. They need more space for demonstrations and other indoor festival activities
They still have The Odyssey. It’s been since about 2017 since they’ve used WoL for festivals. Besides, that entire area is a construction zone and the inside is torn up if permits are any indication.

The Matsuriza Drummers are returning to Epcot's Japan Pavilion just in time for the start of the 50th anniversary and will be performing again on October 1st. Hopefully some more of the third-party entertainment that was cut due to COVID gets brought back (the France street performers stand out as something i'd love to see back).

The Matsuriza Drummers are returning to Epcot's Japan Pavilion just in time for the start of the 50th anniversary and will be performing again on October 1st. Hopefully some more of the third-party entertainment that was cut due to COVID gets brought back (the France street performers stand out as something i'd love to see back).
Saw the Italian juggler and Alberta bound are also returning for the 50th. Interesting… are they really getting worried about attendance and adding more offerings to get folks to visit?

Sorry for the double post, but does anybody know how often the Spaceship Earth show happens in the evenings? Is it a one-time-only thing, or periodically?

I would definitely like to see it in person.

Sorry for the double post, but does anybody know how often the Spaceship Earth show happens in the evenings? Is it a one-time-only thing, or periodically?

I would definitely like to see it in person.
It started tonight at about 7:45 and just goes all night until Harmonious starts at 9pm and then picks back up in the last minute of Harmonious and as guests are exiting. It just adds ambiance really.

It started tonight at about 7:45 and just goes all night until Harmonious starts at 9pm and then picks back up in the last minute of Harmonious and as guests are exiting. It just adds ambiance really.

So it's just constantly cycling through that show, even with the music?