Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Eric Heschong, Concept Artist, Has Passed Away

May 20, 2013
It is with deep sadness that I am here to post that Eric Heschong, one of the Jurassic Park- The Ride concept artists, has passed away. Eric was a huge influence on Greg Pro, the other concept artist of the ride, and was Greg's mentor and friend. Eric came up with the iconic image of the Ultrasaur in the lagoon, which personally is filled with much more wonder and beauty than the real thing. It is also the one concept art from the ride that made it's way into the film Jurassic Park during the "dinner" scene in the background. His work will forever be the wonderful "jungle river cruise" easter egg of the film. I of course was first enchanted by his work when I was young and saw the following image in a magazine advertising Jurassic Park The Ride. As a kid, that image was engrained in my mind, and filled me with so much wonder before finally going to ride it.

He will be missed, but never forgotten. Not by me.

ultrasaur%20original.jpg

If you click on his name in my initial post, you can see his website with some of his other work. He created many amazing designs, including work for an unrealized Wizard of Oz attraction!

Slightly off topic, but the ride concepts themselves were super awesome in my opinion. But a whole park themed to Oz is kinda limiting, and this is coming from a MAJOR Oz fan. I would still love to see a well themed Oz land at a Disney park though :)

Anyway, he made some of the best concept art.