Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

The only park I know of within the Southeast that is under very strict guidelines is SFOG. I'm not 100 % on BGT and Tampa International though...

In Fl you have to put these flashing lights on an structure over 200ft tall...blah blah blah. Point being it doesn't ruin theme doing that on a skytower, and it might not even on drop tower, but it certainly does on a coaster.

In Fl you have to put these flashing lights on an structure over 200ft tall...blah blah blah. Point being it doesn't ruin theme doing that on a skytower, and it might not even on drop tower, but it certainly does on a coaster.

they could enhance it with LEDs so the red blinking light doesn't stand out to guests... like what fun spot did with their sky coaster...

If red beacon lights is all that's required to clear 200 ft., then lets see this tower as tall as possible. I wouldn't mind some blinking lights at the very top, if that meant us getting a 300 or 400 ft. drop tower. Still, that's a big "if" that's all that's required. Maybe Tampa is a little stricter. Lets hope not!

From Screamscape:

2012 / 2013 - Drop Tower - Rumor - (12/12/11) The latest word on the rumored drop tower ride proposed for the Sandstorm location claims that the ride may not be planned to open until late 2012 at the earliest, so it sounds like this may be intended more as a 2013 attraction.

No thanks, just not for me. They need a dark ride.

I've been saying this for ages... I will like a drop tower if i knew a dark ride was coming eventually... There is always a chance though since seaworld is getting one we might get one after them as well. the beauty of it, it can use the same ride system but doesn't matter if it's themed right.

From Screamscape:

2012 / 2013 - Drop Tower - Rumor - (1/30/12) Legend from CoasterCrew was visiting BGT over the weekend and managed to grab a photo of survey work in progress at the Sandstorm ride. Looks like the rumors about it being replaced with something new may be coming true. Lets just hope they decide to give Sandstorm a new home somewhere else… maybe by Montu or Kumba, because Sandstorm is really the only good flat ride in the entire park.

Pic from Coaster Crew Facebook:

421359_2522674791462_1391101425_32014790_1396057814_n.jpg

This is getting pretty interesting.

If adding a drop tower here means major upgrades to Timbuktu then yeah I am all for it, but if its just going to be dropped in there then personally I would rather see it come to an area like the Bird Gardens, Nairobi, or even Egypt.

Taking over the old animal care area would be a good fit and would allow some room for a que.
I like the Bird Gardens being ride free, if they got rid of Ackbar or the tomb it might fit Eygpt.
Hopefully they fix Rhino Rally first.

I just don't know how well a drop tower would fit right there. Sand Storm's queue isn't very big, so that would more than likely have to be expanded. And as hatetofly mentioned, I hope this new drop tower brings some much needed attention to the rest of Timbuktu.

This also concerns me on the fate of the Sand Storm. I truly hope it gets relocated. In Egypt perhaps? If it in Egypt, it could also keep it's name. Where as if it were moved to Congo, Stanleyville, or Nairobi, it'd probably have to get a name change(not like it's that big of a deal). With that said, a great flat ride like the Sand Storm deserves to be preserved.

From Screamscape (and FTN):
General Park News - (2/22/12) FloridaThrills has a lead on what BGT has in store for 2013 this week with the discovery of new permits filed with the city. While they don’t point out what is coming, they do show an intention to relocate the SandStorm ride to a new location in the park. (Thank god for that! Sandstorm is the best flat ride in the park…)

I'm glad they are looking to keep/relocate it and not just remove for a new ride. BGT definitely needs more flats (even if I don't ride them much...lol).

I think if they would place a drop tower where SandStorm is located they would have to tear down the snack stand that is located just north of the ride area... they would have plenty of room for a queue and ride...

I would love to see SandStorm get relocated to the Egypt area of the park.... That would be the best fit...

I would love to see SandStorm get relocated to the Egypt area of the park.... That would be the best fit...

Yeah that probably would be the best place for it realistically. Although, I would like to see some attractions added along the pathway from the Cheetah Hunt area to Timbuktu, all that's there is a food stand and Rhino Rally lol.

Yeah that probably would be the best place for it realistically. Although, I would like to see some attractions added along the pathway from the Cheetah Hunt area to Timbuktu, all that's there is a food stand and Rhino Rally lol.

Animal Care
Safari Center
Jambo Junction
Cave
Elephants
Sarengeti Express
the side of Myombie Preserve/exit
HOS house
Otters

There is a lot there, but just not as glamorus as the other areas.
I was hoping that the new Animal Care would free up some space for more animals there.