Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

It feels like the fall and seats popping out happens too early. Doesn't seem like as far as a fall as I expected. But maybe when on it, it feels different. I wonder how long that blue section is, because that is the length of the fall itself.

Got to ride it for the employee testing. It's absolutely nuts. I was expecting it to be similar to Sheikra's drop, but the drops feel very different from each other. The free fall time is much longer than Sheikra's, but doesn't reach Sheikra's speed due to the brakes (obviously). Definitely brakes earlier than you would expect, but the height made up it. Not really intense on a G-Force scale, but the rotation and the drop itself are terrifying. Huge win for BGT.

Got to ride it for the employee testing. It's absolutely nuts. I was expecting it to be similar to Sheikra's drop, but the drops feel very different from each other. The free fall time is much longer than Sheikra's, but doesn't reach Sheikra's speed due to the brakes (obviously). Definitely brakes earlier than you would expect, but the height made up it. Not really intense on a G-Force scale, but the rotation and the drop itself are terrifying. Huge win for BGT.

Sounds awesome Tim, thanks for the review.

I am so pleased BGT have resolved the problems and got this thing up and running, the have had a real delay but things are looking good now. Should be popular with guests and a great addition to the park, I look forward to riding it in September.

Cool! Makes sense you did not experience much of a g-force, I think that the seats tilting again as the RV brakes also reduces the experienced force of deceleration.
Wonder if they'll have Labor Day as the official opening.

I had a chance to ride Falcon's Fury today. Simply put, this is the best ride in the park hands down. Busch Gardens really has a home run here. Even though Brian Morrow ruined the surrounding area with a very flamboyant rendition of Pantopia, the ride is the real show stealer. I wouldn't classify this with other drop towers as it's a completely unique experience. It's been a long time since a ride has given me that much of a thrill. Seriously, this ride is flat out scary and totally ballsy.

I had a chance to ride Falcon's Fury today. Simply put, this is the best ride in the park hands down. Busch Gardens really has a home run here. Even though Brian Morrow ruined the surrounding area with a very flamboyant rendition of Pantopia, the ride is the real show stealer. I wouldn't classify this with other drop towers as it's a completely unique experience. It's been a long time since a ride has given me that much of a thrill. Seriously, this ride is flat out scary and totally ballsy.

What was worse the tilt down or the drop itself...I've heard the tilt is the worst part...Is it comparable to ShieKra??

Was in "technical rehearsal" today with a five minute wait around noon after opening about an hour after the park opened.

I saw it while driving and holy hell is it gigantic!!! Seriously underestimated it's size by a long shot. If people still think sheikra is a thrill seekers only attraction...they now have a new champion

shiekra38 said:
What was worse the tilt down or the drop itself...I've heard the tilt is the worst part...Is it comparable to ShieKra??

The tilting is the best part of the ride, you think you've tilted far enough but it actually feels like you've tilted past 90 degrees. Relying on the lap bar/vest restraint is one of the most unnerving theme park experiences in the world. But honestly, the initial pop off the drop is something that cant be found anywhere else. Not even sky coasters give that kind of a sensation. its the single best reaction that a theme park attraction has gotten out of me. The sheer thrill level exceeds that of Intimidator 305, Ka, TTD, and/or El Toro. Coming from a pretty well seasoned engineer/ enthusiast, that really says a lot about the ride's functionality.

anihilnation said:
Flamboyant ... definitely is a good way to describe Brian Morrow lol
It's sad to be honest. Timbuktu really should of been rethemed to fit the style of ride it was adding. The colorful rendition that is Pantopia is a total clash against Falcon's Fury. What really could of been a spectacular theme park ATTRACTION is merely a tower ride thanks to his creative styling. And that's not a knock on him - in fact that's coming from a gay guy. He really needs to diversify the style of attractions he's delivering, because while Mark Rose is delivering sheer awesomeness mechanically, Brian Morrow isn't translating those identities into something that correlates to the ride type/style. Manta/ Antarctica/Cheetah Hunt Cross Roads/ Turtle Trek... they've all got that deflated Brian Morrow touch to them. He's leaving so much on the table it's not even funny.

anihilnation said:
Are the softs continuous throughout the day? I'll be going on Wednesday, hoping to ride this baby.
The ride has been under the control of Ops for almost a week now, so I'd say unless something technical comes about (or the occasional rain delay) you shouldn't have any problem boarding Falcon's Fury. Might want to go take a shot at the bar before you jump in line though!

Cole said:
I saw it while driving and holy hell is it gigantic!!! Seriously underestimated it's size by a long shot. If people still think sheikra is a thrill seekers only attraction...they now have a new champion
Funny thing is, although both rides have a 90 degree drop, the freefall sensations are totally different.

The tilting is the best part of the ride, you think you've tilted far enough but it actually feels like you've tilted past 90 degrees. Relying on the lap bar/vest restraint is one of the most unnerving theme park experiences in the world. But honestly, the initial pop off the drop is something that cant be found anywhere else. Not even sky coasters give that kind of a sensation. its the single best reaction that a theme park attraction has gotten out of me. The sheer thrill level exceeds that of Intimidator 305, Ka, TTD, and/or El Toro. Coming from a pretty well seasoned engineer/ enthusiast, that really says a lot about the ride's functionality.

Very cool..sounds terrifying haha I think I'll do it once..

It's sad to be honest. Timbuktu really should of been rethemed to fit the style of ride it was adding. The colorful rendition that is Pantopia is a total clash against Falcon's Fury. What really could of been a spectacular theme park ATTRACTION is merely a tower ride thanks to his creative styling. And that's not a knock on him - in fact that's coming from a gay guy. He really needs to diversify the style of attractions he's delivering, because while Mark Rose is delivering sheer awesomeness mechanically, Brian Morrow isn't translating those identities into something that correlates to the ride type/style. Manta/ Antarctica/Cheetah Hunt Cross Roads/ Turtle Trek... they've all got that deflated Brian Morrow touch to them. He's leaving so much on the table it's not even funny.

I think for the budget he gets (which probably is next to nothing) he does a great job...I would love to see Busch and Sea World go for the authentic look of Animal Kingdom or like what they did near ShieKra...but I think it is quite fun and energetic..

Hopefully since the 2015 attraction has already been designed (inside source), we should be hearing announcements after FF finally opens.

Finally rode it yesterday (5 times) and all I can say is that all the negative press of Falcon's Fury dissolves once you ride it.

This ride is just amazing! Not really that intense since it is free fall, but it is just awesome psychologically, to just see the ground get closer and closer.

Finally rode it yesterday (5 times) and all I can say is that all the negative press of Falcon's Fury dissolves once you ride it.

This ride is just amazing! Not really that intense since it is free fall, but it is just awesome psychologically, to just see the ground get closer and closer.

I feel the ride is all psychology...five times must mean that it isn't THAT terrifying

I am pretty fearless lol, but yes it really is not that terrifying. My 10 year old daughter was terrified when we went on it the first time. We immediately went on again and she was a bit more relaxed, then later on when we did it again she was perfectly fine and did not hold on to the bars anymore.

If you want the best experience, don't hold on to anything and once the seats rotate allow your body to go completely limb, just let it hang against the restraint and let your legs dangle down ... perfect free falling experiencing. The brakes are smooth also, so there is not much force exacted upon the body.
The face down drop really can't be compared to Sheikra at all, motion in Sheikra transitions from vertical to horizontal pretty fast, so the free fall in Sheikra is over before you realize it, with Flacon's Fury you actually get to really enjoy free falling.