Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

Yay!!! Gotta check it out soon along with getting a years pass. It's like 10 minutes from my house I can't believe I'm not there more often

Finally made it over to BGT and rode Falcon's Fury for the first time and words can't even begin to describe this ride. Never have I been that nervous on a ride but this one sure did it. Half way up I started getting nervous but it wasn't until the seats flipped down that It really scared the pissed out of me. Boy those few moments sure make you wish you were back on solid ground. I got off literary shaking and even though on the way up I told myself I'd never go on again I would in a hear beat. You want adrenaline this is your ride

Lol ... glad you liked it Mike, especially if you just relax, when the seats flip, relax, just hang there ... it is an amazing experience!
I have seen people come off the ride and they are like: never again; then they immediately go on it again.

Last edited:
Went on falcons fury today and it was a blast. As with doctor doom, it's perfect for what it is. A giant drop tower with a cool twist to it (pardon the pun). The view you get ontop is unlike any other, absolutely stunning. Although it had one problem, I didn't find it all that thrilling, maybe it was just me but I didn't get that zero gravity or stomach drop. Was it because I was tilted down? Probably but besides the suspense (witch is brutal) I didn't find it all that bad. Whatever though definitely check it out, you won't regret it whatsoever

Went on falcons fury today and it was a blast. As with doctor doom, it's perfect for what it is. A giant drop tower with a cool twist to it (pardon the pun). The view you get ontop is unlike any other, absolutely stunning. Although it had one problem, I didn't find it all that thrilling, maybe it was just me but I didn't get that zero gravity or stomach drop. Was it because I was tilted down? Probably but besides the suspense (witch is brutal) I didn't find it all that bad. Whatever though definitely check it out, you won't regret it whatsoever
It's wayyyyyyyy better than Dr. Doom imo. The buildup alone is great suspense, never mind the 90 degree angle tilt and 60 mph drop. Dr. Doom can fall over tonight and I wouldn't care.

It's wayyyyyyyy better than Dr. Doom imo. The buildup alone is great suspense, never mind the 90 degree angle tilt and 60 mph drop. Dr. Doom can fall over tonight and I wouldn't care.
They're kinda neck and neck for me right now, have to go on fury more to see what but thrills and atmosphere wise I might have to go with doom on this one

Falcon's Fury scares the living ... out of me after watching the vids etc for it, though if I do end up going to Busch Gardens during my stay I may have to do just because lol

Falcon's Fury scares the living ... out of me after watching the vids etc for it, though if I do end up going to Busch Gardens during my stay I may have to do just because lol
Oh trust me, walking up to it was incredibly intimidating and scary. Once you get past the lift though it's nothing. The drop is not even close to as bad as it looks, again for me it felt like tons of wind was blasting in my face instead of the droppy feeling. You got this lieut!!!!

Oh trust me, walking up to it was incredibly intimidating and scary. Once you get past the lift though it's nothing. The drop is not even close to as bad as it looks, again for me it felt like tons of wind was blasting in my face instead of the droppy feeling. You got this lieut!!!!
It's not supposed to have the "droppy" feeling, it's supposed to feel like you are nose diving as a Falcon would.

Doctor Doom - more like teehee fun
Falcon's Fury - holy ###### what the #### was I thinking crazy.

I have been on some some pretty serious coasters and never gotten off any of them feeling as shaking up as I did when I got off FF. Everyone is different though and can understand if didn't have the same feeling for you Cole. Perfect example, my mom got off Goofy's at Magic Kingdom like she went on the scariest thing in her life, but for me it was nothing.

But on a drop tower I want a droppy feeling lol. If your afraid of heights, this is your worst nightmare. I was shaking waiting for it, after it happened I was ok. Doctor doom is just suspense the ride for me. The music and especially that little pick up before you shoot up is unbearable. So is the climb and face down of falcons fury, they're both great, even race for me lol

I hate drop towers because I don't like that drop feeling, plus there is nothing after the suffering, but to unbuckle your seat belt and get out... Having said that, IMO Falcon's Fury is not too bad at all. It taught me the difference between dropping on a seating position vs face down position. Doom hurts once you reach the top and quicly pulls you down (but at least is quick)... Falcon's, most terrifying part is getting to the top as it switch from seating to face down position and those 3-4 seconds it takes up there before dropping.... after that, it is just a launched coaster feeling which I am okay with that, but I still will drink my 2-3 beers before doing it lol.

But on a drop tower I want a droppy feeling lol. If your afraid of heights, this is your worst nightmare. I was shaking waiting for it, after it happened I was ok. Doctor doom is just suspense the ride for me. The music and especially that little pick up before you shoot up is unbearable. So is the climb and face down of falcons fury, they're both great, even race for me lol
Doctor Doom isn't a drop tower first of all. There's a difference because with Doom it shoots you up and slowly comes down. With FF, you slowly go up and drop as if you are plummeting to your death.

Doctor Doom isn't a drop tower first of all.
Dude, what's with the technicality? We all understood Cole, How you get up there, quickly or slow, it don't matter one way or the other, you will go down. It looks like a tower and it move vertically, just like..... oh wait, I better not compare this to TOT because I will never hear the end of it, on how the cart moves horizontally from little tower to "big" tower. It still drops!!!! :bang:

Dude, what's with the technicality? We all understood Cole, How you get up there, quickly or slow, it don't matter one way or the other, you will go down. It looks like a tower and it move vertically, just like..... oh wait, I better not compare this to TOT because I will never hear the end of it, on how the cart moves horizontally from little tower to "big" tower. It still drops!!!! :bang:
I'm confused why you are being so hostile...? I was simply pointing something out.

And no, Doom DOESN'T drop. It shoots you up. You then slowly descend. It's a very short ride and probably the worst at Universal. Than goodness it's likely going for much better things soon...

Not hostile, you just have the bad habit of correcting people's opinions even if the correction has nothing to do with the subject, or just try to compare every opinion to something Disney, that's all. I worked for the mouse and the woodpecker for a long time and still go to every single theme park in Orlando and Tampa at least once a month, so I do know these rides inside out. The only thing I will agree with you is that Doom doesn't drop..... because it actually pulls you down.

Last edited by a moderator: