Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

Not hostile, you just have the bad habit of correcting people's opinions even if the correction has nothing to do with the subject, or just try to compare every opinion to something Disney, that's all. I worked for the mouse and the woodpecker for a long time and still go to every single theme park in Orlando and Tampa at least once a month, so I do know these rides inside out. The only thing I will agree with you is that Doom doesn't drop..... because it actually pulls you down.

Firstly, I compared nothing to Disney in that post and nor do I make it a point of mine to any time. I just grew up a Disney fan and started to go to Universal later in life. I know they are two different products, but in the end I still think most of my points I make are valid (and most aren't relating back to disney). Most comments are my distaste for USF becoming so screen heavy. I don't think that's an opinion that is over the top.

Secondly, you and I seem to have a lot in common. I've worked for the all three theme park companies. I worked in Magic Kingdom, HHN actor and Events Ops, and HOS actor and Adventure Island Park Ops. I've been around, I know these companies and how they operate like the back of my hand. Similar to you as well, I also go back all the time. I have a TM AP to Sea World Parks (I don't work there anymore, it's from a family member), Premiere AP at Uni and FL Resident no-blackouts AP to Disney. I live right up the street too, so I end up at these places a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I compared nothing to Disney in that post and nor do I make it a point of mine to any time. I just grew up a Disney fan and started to go to Universal later in life. I know they are two different products, but in the end I still think most of my points I make are valid (and most aren't relating back to disney). Most comments are my distaste for USF becoming so screen heavy. I don't think that's an opinion that is over the top.

Secondly, you and I seem to have a lot in common. I've worked for the all three theme park companies. I worked in Magic Kingdom, HHN actor and Events Ops, and HOS actor and Adventure Island Park Ops. I've been around, I know these companies and how they operate like the back of my hand. Similar to you as well, I also go back all the time. I have a TM AP to Sea World Parks (I don't work there anymore, it's from a family member), Premiere AP at Uni and FL Resident no-blackouts AP to Disney. I live right up the street too, so I end up at these places a lot.

And i'll try the quarter thing lol

I am glad you didn't take my msg as an attack and I totally respect what you just said here. We are passionate about our theme parks, so I totally get it. I can see your background is similar to mine when it comes to past workplaces and I bet our conversation about the theme park industry can go back and forward for days. So kudos to you sir and here is a "like" for ya. :clap:

Not hostile, you just have the bad habit of correcting people's opinions even if the correction has nothing to do with the subject, or just try to compare every opinion to something Disney, that's all. I worked for the mouse and the woodpecker for a long time and still go to every single theme park in Orlando and Tampa at least once a month, so I do know these rides inside out. The only thing I will agree with you is that Doom doesn't drop..... because it actually pulls you down. .

Edited for safety concerns.

Also. Let's not get hostile boys. Move on everyone.

The best thing about Falcon's Fury is they have a great place to get your liquid courage right beside the ride.

That Pretzel/Craft Beer place is amazing!

A couple of beers, and FF was like a ride on a ........really frickin' tall tower of death.

Reactions: *Q*
The best thing about Falcon's Fury is they have a great place to get your liquid courage right beside the ride.

A couple of beers, and FF was like a ride on a ........really frickin' tall tower of death.
Even without the beers, it's still a ride on a really frickin' tall tower of death :lol:

Lol ... next big thing is actually correct Doom and FF are essentially two different attractions. Doom does not pull you down either, from what I understand of how the ride mechanism works, compressed air is blown into the central part of the tower, this moves something down and thus the RV is shot up, as the air is let out of the tower the RV drops again. Still, it is only normal these two types of rides get compared, since besides the direction they are the same.

Anyway ... FF is awesome, really not that scary at all, just a a really great ride. I'd say Doom is actually more intense because being shot upwards is what produces a G-force, whereas when you drop there is no G-force. FF does have that psychological factor though :)

On doom, you get positive Gs followed by negative Gs, then positive Gs, then negative Gs.....

FF is just negative (until the breaks).
Yes, but Doom is a lame attraction. FF is a psychological thrill just as much as it is a thrill to ride. Neither are on my list of great attractions, but FF is far better than doom if we want to compare.

Yes, but Doom is a lame attraction. FF is a psychological thrill just as much as it is a thrill to ride. Neither are on my list of great attractions, but FF is far better than doom if we want to compare.
When FF rolls you over and all your weight goes onto the restraints 300' above the ground, if that doesn't tighten up your pucker hole, I don't want to go drinkin' with you.

And I'm the "take the doors off the chopper, I don't want to shoot through glass" guy. That was the moment @BriMan decided he probably wouldn't "go drinkin'" with me. Probably a wise decision.

Last edited:
When FF rolls you over and all your weight goes onto the restraints 300' above the ground, if that doesn't tighten up your pucker hole, I don't want to go drinkin' with you.

And I'm the "take the doors off the chopper, I don't want to shoot through glass" guy. That was the moment @BriMan decided he probably wouldn't "go drinkin'" with me. Probably a wise decision.
Hey, I said I liked the ride! It's just not "great". It's too short and the wait is always way too long for my taste.

Hey, I said I liked the ride! It's just not "great". It's too short and the wait is always way too long for my taste.
I was agreeing that it is a psychological thrill. But it is short, and I wouldn't wait long for it either. The only real "thrill" for me was when it rolls you over.

And since we're being honest, I pretty much will go drinkin' with anyone.....at least once.

Last time I was there I had an amazing pineapple cider.