Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasmic 2.0?

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
In an interesting turn, it seems that Disneyland Park in California may be seeking to make major changes to it's iconic 'Fantasmic!' show!

From two sources (VashSky {Dre} [1] [2] [3] on Twitter and WDWNT), Fantasmic will come roaring back in 2017 with major enhancements to the show. This includes replacing the famous Peter Pan ship sequence with a brand new sequence, being based off of Pirates of The Carribbean. There would also be as rumored, other new Disney IP's introduced into the show, alongside Pirates; with one in particular being Frozen. The project, aptly titled "Fantasmic 2.0" will be also be bringing a brand new HD Projection System, Lighting Upgrades, and a completely new Sound System for the show itself. Disney has not confirmed or debunked the rumors, so taking it with a bit of salt may be wise for this until proven true.

Thoughs on the potential renovations being made to 'Fantasmic!'? Are you potentially excited about it? Sound off below!!

In an interesting turn, it seems that Disneyland Park in California may be seeking to make major changes to it's iconic 'Fantasmic!' show!

From two sources (VashSky {Dre} [1] [2] [3] on Twitter and WDWNT), Fantasmic will come roaring back in 2017 with major enhancements to the show. This includes replacing the famous Peter Pan ship sequence with a brand new sequence, being based off of Pirates of The Carribbean. There would also be as rumored, other new Disney IP's introduced into the show, alongside Pirates; with one in particular being Frozen. The project, aptly titled "Fantasmic 2.0" will be also be bringing a brand new HD Projection System, Lighting Upgrades, and a completely new Sound System for the show itself. Disney has not confirmed or debunked the rumors, so taking it with a bit of salt may be wise for this until proven true.

Thoughs on the potential renovations being made to 'Fantasmic!'? Are you potentially excited about it? Sound off below!!

I love the Peter Pan sequence so I am not too happy that is being replaced, but I do like the upgrades to the system itself. Also, how different could the Pirates of the Caribbean sequence be to what they already have? It seems like that is going to be a quick cut and paste with some accompanying dialogue. Unless they surprise me, I would rather keep Peter as the Pirates movies have not been great past the first and Peter is timeless.

I love the Peter Pan sequence so I am not too happy that is being replaced, but I do like the upgrades to the system itself. Also, how different could the Pirates of the Caribbean sequence be to what they already have? It seems like that is going to be a quick cut and paste with some accompanying dialogue. Unless they surprise me, I would rather keep Peter as the Pirates movies have not been great past the first and Peter is timeless.

Rumoured Projection mapping to turn them into skeletons during the show like in the first movie.

Rumoured Projection mapping to turn them into skeletons during the show like in the first movie.

That's what I get for reading everything but the article...sorry...

I wonder how that will be pulled off/if it will be successful? It certainly is a cool idea, but projecting from such a distance seems like it will be an issue. I would think it would be easier on the boat (though the angles might be an issue) as that would let the actors trigger it instead of relying upon far away projectors.

There is actually rumor that once RoL is finally up and running reliably, F! will go dark to finally see the first significant updates to the show since it opened. DHS would still have the Star Wars fireworks too, so the park wouldn't be without a nighttime spectacular. It's more that they need RoL open to soften the blow of Fant! being under refurb. With DHS having extremely low crowds right now, this is the opportune timing to update the show and it would give the park something to brag about for a few years.

Disney has revealed a new show-scene of Fantasmic, as the Flying Carpet makes a return.

Twenty-five years ago, the Rivers of America at Disneyland park became the stage for the colorful tableau of Mickey Mouse’s imagination with the opening of the classic nighttime spectacular, “Fantasmic!” When it returns to Disneyland park this summer, “Fantasmic!” will still be the treasured Disneyland park experience guests have loved for 25 years – complete with its original fanfare and theme song – but all taken to brilliant new heights!

Upon its return, “Fantasmic!” will feature new magic, including new mist screens that will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals than ever before. The show will also feature new scenes inspired by Disney animated classics such as “Aladdin”; one of the dazzling new scenes finds Aladdin and Jasmine floating over a bed of fog on their flying carpet during “A Whole New World.”

We’ll have more to share on this returning classic soon – including an opening date – so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

fan019840192312fi.jpg

‘Fantasmic!’ Continues Twenty-Five Years of Imagination with Return to Disneyland Park this Summer | Disney Parks Blog