Fantasmic! | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasmic!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Definitely an improved DHS version.

I do wish the transition out of the new segment was cleaner, and didn't involve Tink.

I also wish they had updated the fountains, and added some projection mapping (which I assume may come in the future).

But overall the show looks fantastic, and the improved steamboat choreography is great.

I don’t want to watch it and ruin the whole thing before seeing it in person but…did they remove the cannon?

I don’t want to watch it and ruin the whole thing before seeing it in person but…did they remove the cannon?

Looks like it. NGL I think we should have a HalfGlass Loud Noises thread where we can document all the rides and shows with bangs/flashes/etc. I think it'll actually be really useful!

• Haha
Reactions: HalfGlass
Looks like it. NGL I think we should have a HalfGlass Loud Noises thread where we can document all the rides and shows with bangs/flashes/etc. I think it'll actually be really useful!
This would be much appreciated :lol:

It's fine. Wish there were more performers during the Aladdin and Mulan segments, but Disney gonna Disney.
I was hoping they'd project the cave of wonders onto the mountain...but whatever

The Aladdin segment of that particular segment was probably the least interesting to me

I mean if we want to get nit picky, why does this show still have low quality projections, old fountain equipment, and the old dragon?
I don't think the projections and old fountain equipment is being nit-picky. The show was down for almost three full years. Projections and fountain upgrades were not too much to ask for. It's easy to see how some people could be upset at that stuff not being upgraded since it should've been relatively easy for them to do. No one was expecting a new dragon, especially if they weren't going to brag about it at D23, but it's still something that dates the show compared to Disneyland's version.

I don't think the projections and old fountain equipment is being nit-picky. The show was down for almost three full years. Projections and fountain upgrades were not too much to ask for. It's easy to see how some people could be upset at that stuff not being upgraded since it should've been relatively easy for them to do. No one was expecting a new dragon, especially if they weren't going to brag about it at D23, but it's still something that dates the show compared to Disneyland's version.

However, they might have done a Harmonius to Fantasmic and ruined it beyond repair.

Reactions: shiekra38
However, they might have done a Harmonius to Fantasmic and ruined it beyond repair.
It's funny because Fantasmic doesn't attempt to be anything more than a celebration of Disney animation

Harmonious attempted to be a celebration of cultures and nations shoved through the funnel of Disney animation

Out of the context of Epcot, Harmonious is actually a fun show *hides*...In the context of Epcot it feels....arrogant and superficial

Annnnd no surprise, everyone hated it lol