Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasmic!

And they couldn't even elevate them properly! :rofl:

According to some pics from Theme Park Overload, the new rows of benches are so low you have to stand up to see over other people's heads to see the show in full view.

so they are standing room only benches :pop:

They did this intentionally. This way in 2014 they can refurb the benches into newer benches and then advertise it on their blog as another "improvement." You see TDO is smart :ears:

Major thread bump but hey, they're finally changing up the show! I believe this is replacing the Pocahontas segment. No word on any other changes aside from this.

Yeah I remember them discussing this before. They're saying "new technical enhancements" but somehow I think we'll be stuck with the late 90s water and lighting tech.

When I saw the news was confused on where this would fit in Disneylands show...this makes sense for Hollywood's Version and glad its getting an update

I hope it's better, but the recent track record of Disney's shows is not great. I never cared for Fantasmic at DHS since I had seen it in Disneyland first and the WDW version pales in comparison.

I hope it's better, but the recent track record of Disney's shows is not great. I never cared for Fantasmic since I had seen it in Disneyland first and the WDW version pales in comparison.
I've seen it in both places and still genuinely enjoy Fant! at DHS, but I recognize the show is better in Disneyland. What I don't like about DL's is the experience required to actually watch the show, which involves getting there early and holding a spot for forever if you want a good view. At DHS, at least it's held in it's own contained performance space with bleachers, so I don't mind waiting around as much. You can also get a perfect, dead center view even if you show up late by standing and watching in the back for the DHS version.

It was originally proposed for GotG (or Tron, can’t completely remember) to go back on this plot of land and just kill the show.
There's honestly so many properties they could use

I have a hard time justifying such a large plot of land being taken up that is used once per day

Neither of those was proposed, nor was any attraction seriously considered. A daytime version of the show was.
I'm going off of what Martin had said a few years ago on Magic, who i'll believe over anyone else regarding Disney. I believe it was Blue Sky. Yes, the daytime show was a much more serious proposal.

I'm going off of what Martin had said a few years ago on Magic, who i'll believe over anyone else regarding Disney.
Some of us don’t have to believe things through the online game of telephone.

We may also have different definitions of what “proposed” means, because something like superimposing Cars Land over that plot of land could be taken as a “proposal” even though no actual rigor went into that.

Last edited:
even though no actual rigor went into that.
That's pretty much what the Blue Sky phase consists of, though. I probably overstated how serious it actually was. I believe it was one of many proposals that was put out and quickly died when they realized they could use GotG in Florida and were trying to squeeze it wherever they could.