Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasmic!

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Details just coming in but plans include upgrades to effects, new scenes, and additional seating in the theater. More info as its available. No timeline yet.

UPDATE - Fantasmic will be converting the Standing Room area to accommodate seating. The conversion will add about 1,000 additional seats.

Details just coming in but plans include upgrades to effects, new scenes, and additional seating in the theater. More info as its available. No timeline yet.

Would definitely be a welcomed thing. The show is old and stale.

Heard there may be an announcement tonight detailing some nighttime spectacular stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hardly resembles the current show. I think it will be heavy on World of Color elements and light on foamheads.

*All my opinion of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hardly resembles the current show. I think it will be heavy on World of Color elements and light on foamheads.

*All my opinion of course.

I think they could do a really awesome show with mostly WoC tech and just Mickey, the dragon, and then the big finale.

Though I wish we could get the Peter Pan scene from DL.

By far, my favorite show in the Resort. I'm ecstatic to hear that's it's finally going to get the love it needs.

I didn't see the DLR version on my last visit but going to make sure I watch it on my next trip since I hear such good things about it.

You like it better than WOC skip? That show is phenomenal!

So...any idea what time we're getting more info? I heard tonight, but nothing more concrete than that.

Possibly after markets close for the day, then an actual event happening some place at night. That is my guess.

So, not to doubt hatetofly, but I have a source saying the budget for the upgraded Fantasmic hasn't been approved.

Again, something could have happened to change that, but I wanted to share what I was told.

So, not to doubt hatetofly, but I have a source saying the budget for the upgraded Fantasmic hasn't been approved.

Again, something could have happened to change that, but I wanted to share what I was told.

Sounds a lot like what happened with the last refurb for Fantasmic. It got continually cut until it was mostly just a repaint and we'll see if we can manage to fix some things on the cheap. New seats will likely happen, just because that can be an easily measured ROI and they want to try and keep people moving through shops and attractions instead of just standing on Sunset Blvd. for an hour or more.

Sounds a lot like what happened with the last refurb for Fantasmic. It got continually cut until it was mostly just a repaint and we'll see if we can manage to fix some things on the cheap. New seats will likely happen, just because that can be an easily measured ROI and they want to try and keep people moving through shops and attractions instead of just standing on Sunset Blvd. for an hour or more.

This wouldn't be a refurb. It would be, as hatetofly put it, a reboot. Completely new show.

Again, maybe they came to an agreement on cost in their recent rush to get stuff done for the Studios, I'm just saying what someone told me.