Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Warner Bros and JK Rowling are moving forward with the next installment of Fantastic Beasts 3..and there are some notes to go off of as of the recent announcement of the production window start.

The third Fantastic Beasts film confirms new details including cast members and location | Wizarding World

First off, the film will begin production in the spring and will release in 2021. Additionally, Joe will be bringing back a major player in the original Potter movies: Steve Kloves, to return in the aid of writing the script. And the key country being featured in the new movie, will be Brazil.

Additionally, the cast from Grindlewald will return (alongside JD); and will incorporate Jessica Williams into a much larger character.

Warner Bros is still committed to be making this into 5 movies; as reports have circulated that the film will focus more on Dumbledore and Hogwarts.

...What do you think? Are you willing to give the prequels another shot, especially with Kloves returning to help aid on the scripts? Or are you not seeing it due to the hell it's had.

Personally, I'd like to bring back my topic on my issue with Crimes of Grindlewald.

I..have some opinions.

I love the concepts Joe plays with, and I love the casting and designs of the environments, costumes, and creatures. But the downfall of Grindlewald to me; lies in that she should've had someone in the writing room with her. A lot of the concepts in the film, would run a hell of a lot better with written material. And to me, Grindlewald is a much more intriguing character than Voldemort could be. Everything about his character and performance, is great; and I would not change it.

They just need to find their balance in writing and find a way to also focus on both the beasts, and the larger story.

I believe Kloves coming back could greatly help the major flaws of having Joe being the one-man powerhouse in the writing team. And especially with how he's handled the past films (excluding Goblet of-course), it makes me more..comfortable and hopeful.

Could it still suck? Oh yes, but I'm not as..gloomy as I was. Hoping we also see more of a side to the beasts too.

Jessica/Professor Hicks has a really good vibe to her that shined through in COG and her work on the twilight zone reboot so I’m excited. I also connected a lot with Bunty, so wonder how she’ll be featured here. Shocked ilvermorny hasn’t shown up but ok.

Also should note JK took an extra year redoing the script that she already wrote and apparently Warner bros liked the new version much more. Also she’s stopped being on twitter constantly (hadn’t been on except for an ad in months) so i guess she really put extra time into fb3

Ya the fact they’re taking their time here makes me feel much better. I enjoyed Crimes of Grindewald minus its obvious pacing issues and some other odd plot choices, but we shall see where things head forward. I mean I know the film underperformed, but it didn’t lose money did it?

Ya the fact they’re taking their time here makes me feel much better. I enjoyed Crimes of Grindewald minus its obvious pacing issues and some other odd plot choices, but we shall see where things head forward. I mean I know the film underperformed, but it didn’t lose money did it?

Combined with both International and Domestic, Grindlewald made over half a billion at 657 Million.

It dipped nearly 200 million.

Got it. Should be interesting the response 3 years later.

I think we're in a better direction now than when we were before.

With Joe having someone alongside her, especially someone from the core films in the writing team; it'll allow them to better translate the story into a film. Especially if the next 3 films are leading down to the path of seeing how WWII affects the Wizarding World, and how Grindlewald exploits it to his advantage.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Just realized Seraphina won’t be president in this film. Also forgot where exactly I read all of these quotes and stuff but I did read that this would be possibly the darkest of the wizarding world stories and the final fixed script is extremely revered by those who’ve seen if (considered significantly better than what FB was on track to be). Staying optimistic. I feel like JK is an author through and through, and co-writing this time around will help her adapt her ideas to a movie basis more fluently. Also praying to see Castelobruxo but have a feeling if we see any magic non Hogwarts school in this film it’ll be Ilvermorny (At least shortly- assumably showing Professor Hicks doing something there)

He was a controversial and stupid choice to play Grindelwald to begin with. Just a further sign of how messy this franchise is.

My curiosity goes now to..how will they fill that. Will they just, bring back Colin and explain it as a face? Or will they go all out in recasting the character outright.

My curiosity goes now to..how will they fill that. Will they just, bring back Colin and explain it as a face? Or will they go all out in recasting the character outright.
I think it may be a Dumbledore situation or a Dark Knight Racheal situation.

Am I the only one who thinks Johnny Depp is overrated or....

Reactions: Scott W.

Variety said re-cast. At this point, just use a different actor every film, pretend that was the intent all along.

I never thought of it this way, but this entire franchise is basically Episode 9 level bad/fan fiction-y.

The books lay out the bare bones of a fascinating origin story for Dumbledore that the movies all but glossed over. Could've made a great movie--maybe, with a lot of filler, a trilogy. Why they thought they needed to add a zookeeper (and then keep his friends around!) and a plot about Dumbledore's lost little brother on the Titanic to stretch this to 5 movies is beyond me.

I think a show on WB would be cool

Like a Murder Mystery show, a mad wizard on the lose killing muggles and have a Auror go after he/she.

But yeah this series needs to die, it is trying to hard to be too many things and the main character should not fight like Harry he should be using other magic since he is a zoologist not a warrior if they continue the series