Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dislike it because it implies more gratuitous expansion of backstory that will likely only end up contradicting/retconning what was learned about Dumbledore in the HP novels.

Dumbledore's secrets -- the ones anybody would care about -- were already explored in DEATHLY HALLOWS.
As long as Jude Law and Colin Farrell make out I don't care what they talk about

Reactions: GAcoaster
No one cared when the first movie’s title made no direct reference to a known character from the Harry Potter franchise. So they added a reference to an obscure, once-mentioned piece of lore-fodder. Now, they reference a well-known, well-liked character.

The fourth movie will be called, “Fantastic Beasts: The Prequel to Potter.”

The fifth will be, “Fantastic Beast: We’ve Added the Marauders, Are You Happy Now?”

This doesn't look interesting, more of the pointless fetch quest adventure leading up to a big finale battle two movies from now. This series needs an experienced and competent screenwriter. JK's politics aside, she can still get story by credit but the scripts have been really lacking and incoherent.

Jacob should have been a one movie character

He was great in the first one and worked for that story...but why are they trying to push him back into this

I'm sure the people who liked the first two will like this and everyone else will think the same thing..these are fine films but are not even in the shadows of what came before it. I dont like the prequels but they at least added some new things....besides the beasts its all the same things in the HP movies but just worst....worst villain, main cast is not as strong, the story isn't as good, music is more of what worked before.

We live in the universe where Sonic the Hedgehog 2 excites me more than this.
To be fair to Sonic...who ever is making this one for sure listened to what people wanted

More characters from the games....more Jim Carey and allow him to be even more insane...and less things in the human world.

Well after the writer double downed on their awful comments TODAY of all days...... I’m more out on this series. Don’t want to derail but JK is despicable after today.

Regardless, while it’d appeal to me, it’s definitely a “remember Hogwarts??” Piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Well after the writer double downed on their awful comments TODAY of all days...... I’m more out on this series. Don’t want to derail but JK is despicable after today.

Regardless, while it’d appeal to me, it’s definitely a “remember Hogwarts??” Piece.
I don’t get what she gains from all this

has she learned nothing?

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
The good thing is Kloves effectively wrote this one. It’d be an easier transition to have him fully write the next one. I can’t get over the timing of the controversy and the trailer release. While they are pushing the trailer on twitter, her name is trending below it for completely different reasons. From a business perspective, if I was WB. I’d make this the last one. Regardless if the story is a set up for a final conclusion.

STILL haven't seen Crimes of Grindelwald with how bad both the critic and audience response was. I had a decent enough time with the first movie, but it was still sort of meh overall. Jurassic World has sort of taken the same route where the first one was enjoyable and the second got so bad reviews/reactions I didn't even watch. Actually I did star watching JW2, but I just couldn't bring myself to continue with how ridiculous it was.

It's always better to finish strong than on a sour note (just ask Rise of Skywalker), so hopefully this is a good movie.

Last edited:
STILL haven't seen Crimes of Grindelwald with how bad both the critic and audience response was. I had a decent enough time with the first movie, but it was still sort of meh overall.

As someone who quite liked the first film, the second is a mess, you missed nothing. This feels like it might be an over-correction doubling down on the few things that worked in that movie (more Dumbledore! more Theseus! More Hogwarts!), but their insistence on keeping the muggle character who had a perfect arc in the first film implies they still don't get it.

The trailer hints we might finally get a flashback to college-age Dumbledore, which is all a prequel should have focused on, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Man I was thinking the US was a free country but when someone says something stupid they become a president or an outcast, I just don't get it. I get it you don't agree, fine, move on.
On topic, awesome trailer and there is hope that is one is going to be very good as the Potter script writer is back.

Man I was thinking the US was a free country but when someone says something stupid they become a president or an outcast, I just don't get it. I get it you don't agree, fine, move on.
On topic, awesome trailer and there is hope that is one is going to be very good as the Potter script writer is back.
You are free to say as you like even if she is from England and not America, people also have the freedom to attack your dumb ass opinions when you make them.
Especially when you as the creator drag everyone down who is involved in this project and also literally make a book series about treating other as you want to be treated no matter how you were born....JK is literally fine if you are a half giant, ware wolf or no magic person and literally made an entire house the villain because they thought they were better born and anyone not like them should be eliminated