Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

It’s been a while since I’ve been on these forums but has there been a leaked layout of the coaster. Or how it interacts with the rest of the park?

It’s been a while since I’ve been on these forums but has there been a leaked layout of the coaster. Or how it interacts with the rest of the park?

No layout leak but I did hear coaster sound testing by frankenstein garage near where the new campus is being built so it’ll stretch that way probably.

Going to be really weird not seeing that structure there anymore as it’s been there longer than I’ve been alive. I remember seeing Beetlejuice, Spiderman Rocks, Fear Factor, Bill and Ted, Jabwockeez, and the Special Effects Show in there. Now it will be no more. Crazy.

With that being said, bring on that roller coaster! It’s a small price to pay for salvation.

Going to be really weird not seeing that structure there anymore as it’s been there longer than I’ve been alive. I remember seeing Beetlejuice, Spiderman Rocks, Fear Factor, Bill and Ted, Jabwockeez, and the Special Effects Show in there. Now it will be no more. Crazy.

With that being said, bring on that roller coaster! It’s a small price to pay for salvation.

It's so weird, to be honest. Growing up, Universal Studios Hollywood was set apart to be different than your typical theme parks like Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. You will always feel like you're going to be part of the set seeing how things were done behind the scenes. While I do welcome USH's approach to USO, part of me will always miss the aspect of Universal being portrayed as an actual movie-making studio that really had you "ride the movies".

I feel like the success of Hagrids at IOA made a coaster inevitable at USH, and I don't think they'll stop at F&F either

I think the idea of an outdoor coaster has always been on USH's mind. Hell, some old school IUPodcast listener's might remember that Mummy for Hollywood could of had an outdoor portion if the budget went the way to benefit things. But I think the pairing of both Hagrids and Velocicoaster pushed the notion to bring it more properly into reality (With it atleast in the conceptuals as of 2019).

I admittedly pause though on them doing more outdoor coasters after Hollywood Drift.

I think the idea of an outdoor coaster has always been on USH's mind. Hell, some old school IUPodcast listener's might remember that Mummy for Hollywood could of had an outdoor portion if the budget went the way to benefit things. But I think the pairing of both Hagrids and Velocicoaster pushed the notion to bring it more properly into reality (With it atleast in the conceptuals as of 2019).

I admittedly pause though on them doing more outdoor coasters after Hollywood Drift.
I feel like the success of Hagrids at IOA made a coaster inevitable at USH, and I don't think they'll stop at F&F either
I really think the next outdoor coaster they will likely push for is something on-par with Hagrid’s. USH already has an indoor coaster, a kiddie coaster, and will soon have a high-thrill coaster. The next logical type of coaster would be an intermediate thrill family coaster like Hagrid’s.

Personal blue sky: Bad Guys-themed family coaster.

I really think the next outdoor coaster they will likely push for is something on-par with Hagrid’s. USH already has an indoor coaster, a kiddie coaster, and will soon have a high-thrill coaster. The next logical type of coaster would be an intermediate thrill family coaster like Hagrid’s.

Personal blue sky: Bad Guys-themed family coaster.

Gonna be bold for once:

unless they expand to Falls Lake, they are not doing another outdoor coaster, unless if whatever replaces Mummy is as Jerrodd brought up: is a hybrid.

I don’t think USH needs more than one coaster of this stature. Having this, the Mummy coaster (assuming it stays a coaster and doesn’t get replaced with something else*), and the the Potter coaster provides three convenient levels: thrill, mid-level and family. I’d rather see them convert the Falls Lake acreage to a new land with another big dark ride that has thrill elements.

*Wait, what am I saying, The Mummy will never die. Imhotep lives.

I don’t think USH needs more than one coaster of this stature. Having this, the Mummy coaster (assuming it stays a coaster and doesn’t get replaced with something else*), and the the Potter coaster provides three convenient levels: thrill, mid-level and family. I’d rather see them convert the Falls Lake acreage to a new land with another big dark ride that has thrill elements.

*Wait, what am I saying, The Mummy will never die. Imhotep lives.

I think you're right on the money here, though I do think eventually Mummy will get replaced with another roughly equivalent mid-level indoor coaster.

There just isn't a whole lot of space to do another outdoor, high-level thrill coaster like what Fast & Furious is likely to be.

I'll just say I don't agree. USH will have a legit family coaster in the future. And it will be an indoor/outdoor coaster.
I'm going to just very personally say this--you might not be on the ballpark as much as you think you are.

I think you're right on the money here, though I do think eventually Mummy will get replaced with another roughly equivalent mid-level indoor coaster.

I think there's merit to keep an indoor family thrill coaster of some kind. I'd actually take the ride system that PortAventura is doing for Uncharted and apply that for something down there in the Lower Lot if I'm honest.

What about all the talk of USH getting the Donkey Kong coaster? Although I really don’t see where they put it unless they rip out more soundstages.