Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think another reason USH is so crowded is that people are sick of Disney’s BS. Their constant price increases, Lightning lane nonsense, and poor management aren’t helping things.
I mean....LL is basically what Universal does but at a fraction of the cost (which to me is why when I see people wanting them to increase the price of LL...i dont want them to..people will pay whatever price to skip the line..so keep it cheap over just moving money into Disney pockets)

But I agree, as someone who just went to Disneyland the system they have sucks. I'm not a fan and its wonderful I can just go to Universal any day with my unless its like 4th of july or something when the park is full but I hope Universal takes this opportunity to gain more APs and use the money they are getting now to do the rumored transformations to the park and keep drawing people in besides a big coaster. The park is missing things to do at night which is one of the reason I think they close earlier soooo much of the year

I hope they make some more Potter light shows and Nintendoland gets a nighttime show within two years would help as well

Via Screamscape, Lance claims to have received concept for the actual coaster and describes it as such:

Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift - Concept Development - (5/17/22) There has been some early talk about building a new Fast & Furious ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. Screamscape dug a bit deeper into these rumors and apparently it is true that something Fast & Furious themed is indeed planned. The interesting thing is that the new ride planned will be a roller coaster unlike anything we’ve really seen before. And no, this won’t be the drifting dark ride/coaster system developed from Dynamic Attractions.
Now before I get too far into the details on this thing, know that this is simply an attraction concept. No construction has started, so the concept can be changed, the concept can be canceled entirely and replaced with something entirely different. I make no promises that this will be built… but dang if it doesn’t look interesting.
That said, this particular concept is being called Fast & Furious Hollywood Drift, and on the land side of things we are looking at the removal of both the Animal Actors show and the Special Effects Show on the upper deck to make way for this new coaster concept from Intamin. I believe the overall track layout to still be somewhat fluid at this point, but the idea would be to use a dual-sided loading station, not unlike Gringotts at Universal Orlando, with the roller coaster trains made to look like a set of four Fast & Furious style cars.
The Gringotts comparison is apt, because just like we saw built for Gringotts, these cars will utilize a controlled spinning system. From what I understand the trains will pull out of the station and onto a multi-launch track area where they will spin to launch up into a rather bizarre looking half-loop shaped spike track. The best I can describe it is that the trains will enter the element as if going up into a loop but by the time they reach the vertical moment, the track will have rotated 90º sidewards for the remainder of the element which will look more like a giant letter “C”. During this rise, stall and eventually fall back down the individual cars will spin and rotate to be facing the opposite direction by the time they enter the launch track and are boosted out at a higher speed to soar up and over the pathway leading to the Starway to the lower level, and then drop down into an unknown roller coaster section that I’m assuming will go around to the hillside behind the Simpsons ride building before turning around and heading back for a return run towards the station again.
Again, this is just a concept, but one that should prove to be nearly as fun to watch from the ground as it would be to ride if Universal were to go ahead with it. I’ve no idea what this means for the longevity of the current Fast & Furious - Supercharged attraction on the Backlot Tour. They could keep it as is for those not into roller coasters who still enjoy the “Fast” films, or perhaps they could turn it into something new further down the line as well.

Could the screams not pose a problem for filming nearby? Or would this be far enough?

Could the screams not pose a problem for filming nearby? Or would this be far enough?

Gonna take a crack and guess it should be fine, if the directions are controlled to be positioned to face non-backlot vantages. Part of me wonders if this drift coaster was considered, because of that ability to reduce emissions by controlling the positioning of riders.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
And here I thought the curved dead end section of track above the load building was just for show, like in front of Rockin Roller Coaster or the new Hulk entrance. I didnt think it was actually part of the ride.
Sounds like there's a set of plans floating around somewhere? Lol

Having a hard time picturing this in my head but it sounds very cool lol, not to mention like an extremely impressive piece of engineering. If it comes to fruition, it will be crazy to watch them basically graft a roller coaster to the side of the hill.

Boy who would’ve thought USH would step into the coaster arena?

While that layout above would be fun, do they really need to sacrifice two high capacity shows for one coaster? I think Simpsons would be a better plot of land.

Reactions: MikePat

While that layout above would be fun, do they really need to sacrifice two high capacity shows for one coaster? I think Simpsons would be a better plot of land.
You mean one show and its animals actors. I don't care for the theme of the ride but if we are going to lose 2 old shows that never get updates or a new coaster that will get 90+ mins lines

To me this is a much better use of space as well, hopefully they have a show area near the new Tram area that can be used for whatever kinda show they want to put on

Reactions: Alessio

Bourne will probably come before this does if I had to guess. And they're not getting rid of Simpsons until they absolutely have to.

Launching backwards initially into a spike to build momentum is pretty common these days. See: Pantheon, Ice Breaker. Looks like Universal and intamin decided to put a (literal) twist on it.
Only question is what will the "unknown coaster section" be like?

Launching backwards initially into a spike to build momentum is pretty common these days. See: Pantheon, Ice Breaker. Looks like Universal and intamin decided to put a (literal) twist on it.
Only question is what will the "unknown coaster section" be like?

I believe what he meant by that is it might be a section where a lot of coaster track will be twisting and turning on top of its self in a small area. Taiga at Linnanmaki, another Intamin creation, comes to mind or again Helix at Liseberg.

On another note, I think the views of on this coaster have the potential to be amazing with the hilltop setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alessio
If I had to guess a new timeline....

2023 - Super Nintendo World opens in February, Revenge of the Mummy, Animal Actors, Special Effects Show all close late in the year

2024 - Bourne Stuntacular and a new Tram Station open on the Mummy plot of land (along with a new restaurant), old tram station closes

2025 - Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift opens where Animal Actors and Special Effects Show once were

Net gain: Two new rides, two new sections of the park, one show.

Reactions: chris.g
So for the spike element, because I’m having a bit of trouble envisioning it with the description, is it just like the first few seconds of the guardians testing video?