Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Expansion space = not replacing something. The Simpsons replacement is a ways away anyways, I'd assume.

I mean, I know you really like Nintendo and want it in the parks, and I do too. But do you think it makes sense for Hollywood to remove WW for one ride after they get rid of SES and AA? I just don't see how another land with one ride is worth it. We already have WW, and SNW coming up. Both I think were very necessary for getting those properties in the park, but now that we have them I think Diagon would be a bad fit for the same reason, and I love the land and am a major HP nerd.
I mean Simpson is literally within 6 years
So perfect twining

As for WW it’s enough space for a ride and mini land or universal can redo the front and destroy some of Citywalk and use the land behind WW and give us a land with two rides

if the rumors of this ride and the tram are correct it seems like they are willing to do the unexpected

also DK is on my low list of Nintendo things I want on the park but the ride looks perfect for the people who want more coasters, smilies and people like me who like theme in a theme park

2022: Cowfish
2023: 2 Cow 2 Fish
2024: Cow: New Fish on the Block
2025: Flying Fish vs Moon Cows
2026: Insane profits from Cowfish Hollywood allow Universal to transcend the feeble bonds of reality and telepathically transmit their rides to the masses, saving time/money and elevating the Cowfish to...whatever the secular equivalent of a religious figurehead is.
2027: Supercharged demolished because no one wants that in their brains.

I can't believe I din't think about this scenario, but what if the plan is to put both Bourne and F&F in the SES and AA plot? In other words, put Bourne where AA is and F&F where SES is?

This is totally doable if they have the queue on the first floor and the duel loading station and (If there are any) show scenes on the second floor. You could probably squeeze the maintenance shed there too.

I can't believe I din't think about this scenario, but what if the plan is to put both Bourne and F&F in the SES and AA plot? In other words, put Bourne where AA is and F&F where SES is?

This is totally doable if they have the queue on the first floor and the duel loading station and (If there are any) show scenes on the second floor. You could probably squeeze the maintenance shed there too.
I mean also I know it will be controversial but maybe more rides like SLOP where you have to get a pass on certain days to ride it so we dont have to waste so much space on Qs.

• Sad
Reactions: salismetho

no

I guess if this does go on the Upper Lot that means most of the previously planned 'terraforming' won't be required?
I know they would need to fix the ground under SES/AA but a coaster wouldn't need upper lot expansion.

Great video about SNW, plus at the end, Alicia shares a few major details about the coaster and the future of the park as well. One I wanted to highlight is a possible 2024 opening. If this is the case, then maybe Supercharged could close within the next year assuming they want to reuse some of the props and such? Could we be nearing the light at the end of the tunnel?

2024?

that would be real quick and I’m all for it
Unlike most of the major additions USH has had, the biggest asset to build would be the queue and loading station/maintenance shed. From there on it’s going to be a straight up roller coaster with minimal theming. All they have to do outside of building the station/queue/shed is plant footers then assemble the track. The station, at least I imagine, will essentially be a box with warehouse theming, so I can’t imagine that being too much trouble to build. So yeah, 2024 sounds about right for something like this.

Great video about SNW, plus at the end, Alicia shares a few major details about the coaster and the future of the park as well. One I wanted to highlight is a possible 2024 opening. If this is the case, then maybe Supercharged could close within the next year assuming they want to reuse some of the props and such? Could we be nearing the light at the end of the tunnel?

I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. Just because the park will finally have a proper Fast and Furious ride doesn’t mean they’re going to dump Supercharged just yet. I think they want to keep it around until at least 2025 just so they can get ten years out of it. Once it hits 2015, then I think we can talk about a new overlay for it. I say overlay because there’s no way they’re going to tear down all of that pricey infrastructure that will be just a decade old. It’s going to be an overlay whatever they put in there.

Once it hits 2015, then I think we can talk about a new overlay for it.
We're going back in time!? :surprised:

I say since NOPE is right there & is aliens, they should just gut Supercharged & bring back ET but for the Studio Tour. ET can make the tram "fly" via the magic of screenz..

If this coaster is for sure going to end up where Castle Theatre/AA are located, that will be a show venue capacity loss. At the same time, it'll also be really randomly dropped into the park that has been pushing for cohesive "lands" since Simpsons/Potter.

Reactions: nicodingus
If this is done and open by 2024, I wonder if a version of it would go on the east coast as a post Epic Universe attraction in 2026 ish.