Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Totally missed those, good work! The building numbers are 4421 and 4431, but given that those permits say they are for project 409, I think it’s safe to say those are the show buildings. Both show buildings are being used for the ride I believe. We’re getting closer…

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive and Alicia
I would like to believe AA would be big enough for the Q.
Also, if "3406 sf" does mean 3,406 square feet then it could be referring to the building behind AA (I have no idea what it's for).
Demo_409_Building_Behind_AA.JPG

Great catch from Exploring Attractions.

Seems the rumors of the F&F Coaster's death were extremely exaggerated...

So happy to see this! A very strange test lol, and even weirder is how late in the game it is. I wonder what they’re actually doing these tests for considering they already closed the shows so it’s not like they can easily go back on building the attraction. Very exciting to see this is moving ahead though!

Reactions: shiekra38
So happy to see this! A very strange test lol, and even weirder is how late in the game it is. I wonder what they’re actually doing these tests for considering they already closed the shows so it’s not like they can easily go back on building the attraction. Very exciting to see this is moving ahead though!
I assume the tests are demonstrating that you'll hear the sound of the coaster on the Starway but not within the park itself.

Ok so had to check it out in person. It’s really weird, it sounds like there’s actually a coaster, I keep turning around expecting to see one. The speakers are on the roof of SES, I also saw some people up there. The weirdest part is that marketing is filming a video on StarWay 1, right where you can hear the coaster audio. Somebody didn’t communicate with somebody there lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Alessio and Clive
Ok so had to check it out in person. It’s really weird, it sounds like there’s actually a coaster, I keep turning around expecting to see one. The speakers are on the roof of SES, I also saw some people up there. The weirdest part is that marketing is filming a video on StarWay 1, right where you can hear the coaster audio. Somebody didn’t communicate with somebody there lol
They'll probably edit out the screaming sounds in the final cut. Now lets see how long it takes to go full bore and starting the demo work for AA and SES.

They'll probably edit out the screaming sounds in the final cut. Now lets see how long it takes to go full bore and starting the demo work for AA and SES.
What do you mean final cut? Aren’t we assuming these sounds are for testing? Once a real coaster is built here there’ll be real coaster sounds and screams.

Also, as far as I know, they have test sounds for with and without screams already recorded.

ELI5, what is it they're testing anyway? I assume noise level (which has always been a thing with this park being part of the studio) but what will they do with the information? It feels like there's not a whole lot they can do to reduce the noise of a huge coaster.

ELI5, what is it they're testing anyway? I assume noise level (which has always been a thing with this park being part of the studio) but what will they do with the information? It feels like there's not a whole lot they can do to reduce the noise of a huge coaster.
They have plans for reducing noise heading away from the park areas. I believe this may be tests to see how bad sound leakage will be into park areas, which won’t be dampened as much.

What do you mean final cut? Aren’t we assuming these sounds are for testing? Once a real coaster is built here there’ll be real coaster sounds and screams.
I think he means the sounds will be removed from the final cut of whatever it is that marketing is filming on the StarWay.

I think he means the sounds will be removed from the final cut of whatever it is that marketing is filming on the StarWay.
Ohhhh. If they’re using lapel clip on mics it probably won’t pick up much if any background sound anyway

ush ff.jpg
I found this permit that was filed today, I was curious what it could be, our buddy Sal mentioned maybe it means they are going to do some work at the staging area down there and if so could it be in preparation for coaster track pieces?

Reactions: joerodriguez