Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

I hope DK doesn’t come here. Aside for the gimmicky track element it appears to be a low thrill family coaster already covered by Hippogriff

What about all the talk of USH getting the Donkey Kong coaster? Although I really don’t see where they put it unless they rip out more soundstages.
that increasingly seems like wishcasting rather than legitimate rumor or speculation. again, if mummy goes ... all bets are off. but I tend to agree with those that feel this is the end of the line for roller coasters at the park for the time being.

I hope DK doesn’t come here. Aside for the gimmicky track element it appears to be a low thrill family coaster already covered by Hippogriff
I'll need to see the full ride but.....I dont know how you could compare it to an off the shelf 40 second ride

Also the Theming unless the art is lying is going to be near DIsneyland kinda coaster like Big Thunder. Which I think many people would enjoy

After F&F, we do not need another big coaster. As long as its themed and fun any coaster I'd welcome over just some Six Flags coaster steel coaster.

I'll need to see the full ride but.....I dont know how you could compare it to an off the shelf 40 second ride

Also the Theming unless the art is lying is going to be near DIsneyland kinda coaster like Big Thunder. Which I think many people would enjoy

After F&F, we do not need another big coaster. As long as its themed and fun any coaster I'd welcome over just some Six Flags coaster steel coaster.
Bring back the cars on a stick. I would love to get chased by a street car while we drift through Los Angeles.

On the real though, I do wonder if we'll see any show scenes. I think I would be neat to have some fog (simulate tire smoke), fire and lighting effects, will we have on-board audio and sound effects on the cars themselves? I'm really wondering how much or lack of a show-building/show scene(s) we'll have.
One thing they could do to add some theming is have all the cars have HID/LED headlights, maybe LED lights under the cars...

What about all the talk of USH getting the Donkey Kong coaster? Although I really don’t see where they put it unless they rip out more soundstages.
Someone (maybe @chris.g ) indicated that space and capacity issues would keep it from coming to the park, even though it was softly leaked in that Wrap article.

Someone (maybe @chris.g ) indicated that space and capacity issues would keep it from coming to the park, even though it was softly leaked in that Wrap article.
I had mentioned that capacity was a priority for the park, space isn’t an issue. I was lead to believe DKC was coming up until SNW opened where I had heard it was not coming as the park had other major areas they wanted to address. Im still under the belief a Nintendo expansion could come, it’s just not happening as DKC, or anytime soon.

I had mentioned that capacity was a priority for the park, space isn’t an issue. I was lead to believe DKC was coming up until SNW opened where I had heard it was not coming as the park had other major areas they wanted to address. Im still under the belief a Nintendo expansion could come, it’s just not happening as DKC, or anytime soon.
No Hollywood Nintendo expansion is currently planned or greenlit. Not sure it ever was.

Blue sky doesn't exactly mean it would be inheritedly approved.

Anyone remember the Fly on The Wall days?

Never said approved. OP said planned or green lit. The art I saw for the lower lot’s makeover included DKC peering behind SNW among other things that have yet to come to fruition.

Anyways I’ll stop the the conversation here. Back to Fast and Furious - the ride pt. 2 (because they had to market the first as a ride lol).

Production Central sign removed
View attachment 19012
Toy Story Goodbye GIF

I guess for real this time...
"Now we're moving!"
(May or may not be the last time I make this joke, depends on how things go as demo/construction goes going forward. I know the latter might take a hot minute, but we'll see)