Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Lower lot with the mummy would be a better bet as they got fit a bigger coaster in the soundstage. Plus Hollywood's mummy is the inferior version to Orlandos and they don't seem to be investing as much TLC like they are with Orlandos. In the same video Alicia mentions Bourne from Orlando could come To USH, so they could but Bourne where special effects stage is and F&F goes to the lower lot. Or if F&F goes in the upper lot they can put Bourne where Mummy is and have a larger superior version to Orlando's. Hopefully we shall hear more after SNW opens. However in the Intern before F&F and Bourne opens i expect a new DreamWorks Theatre show to be either the 2023 addition along SNW to make up for the fact we got no new things in 2022 or 2024.

Who would have thought that the Fast and Furious franchise might be represented by an attraction where you race around in fast cars? I’ll believe it when I see it. But if this rumor pans out, all I can say is FINALLY! And consolation points to Universal for getting this right on the 2nd try. I expect the GSAT for such an attraction will be far better than “30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back”, an actual quote I heard the year Supercharged opened in Orlando.

Another great video, Alicia, thank you!

Very excited about this idea. Hopefully they can build this and also keep The Mummy — or at least keep a coaster where The Mummy is, even if they re-skin to something else.

SNW + a new coaster + a re-skinned Mummy would really transform the park in a major way. Can’t wait to see what comes to fruition.

Reactions: Alicia
Nice work Alicia! It does sound like the decision to add a thrill coaster is set, but the type, budget, and IP for it is TBD. I'm intrigued by a F&F drifting coaster. I know they'll do enough to differentiate this from WCR.

Reactions: Alicia
Regarding the drifting element, Intamin has a new thrill coaster version of a Spinning Coaster that could provide this element similar to Dynamic Attractions or Vekoma while also including the high capacity and out-of-control elements of Velocicoaster. The coaster model is short of Intamin's response to the Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster. I have a feeling if what is in the works is from Intamin, then this coaster might be Intamin's new Spinning Coaster if it is featuring a drifting element.

Anyways, I am excited at the possibility for the Toretto family to have a proper attraction.

I think the original design of the Italian Job coasters at the Paramount Parks were also supposed to have a drift feature, but I want to say it proved to be too problematic in operation. Maybe Intamin has figured out something Premier couldn't?

It probably won't be full on drifting, it'll be something like Cosmic Rewind instead. Drifting would be difficult to implement without damaging the vehicles.

I'm thrilled to hear that rumors are gaining steam of not only USH getting a proper thrill coaster, but a proper F&F ride. Finally. I've got several takeaways after being able to watch Alicia's video (BTW, great work on the videos as always!)

I have said in the SES thread that I think the AA/SES location would be the best place to put a coaster, barring the park would be lacking show venues. But if Bourne is indeed showing up, then it would be best placed at SES and Mummy would be the best placement. It will suck for the park to not be able to have anything else besides Hippogriff for several years for a coaster, but I think the Mummy would be the most ideal location for this ride if Bourne is coming. When I was leaving the Mummy a few weeks ago, I overheard a random guest go "Man, this s*** was whack! That IncrediCoaster ride at California Adventures is hella faster!" I think that person's sentiment reflects everyone else's thoughts on the Mummy. This ride would be a good replacement for it.

Also, since this is likely going where Mummy is, it's going to feel pretty out-of-place in a jumbled lot. While I doubt this is the approach they will take on this, it would be great if they based the ride on Tokyo Drift. They could put the entrance where the ice cream shop and Starbucks are and they can make a Tokyo miniland while JW would already be sectioned off for its own miniland. They could then tie Transformers into it somehow and it would be even better with the SNW entrance right there. It would help the lower lot feel less incoherent.

But this sounds like a dope coaster. I say bring it! With the construction on this alleged new tram attraction right across from where Supercharged is, I wonder if they're planning for the future by getting rid of Supdercharged for this?

Reactions: TheUniC6 and Nico
I'm thrilled to hear that rumors are gaining steam of not only USH getting a proper thrill coaster, but a proper F&F ride. Finally. I've got several takeaways after being able to watch Alicia's video (BTW, great work on the videos as always!)

I have said in the SES thread that I think the AA/SES location would be the best place to put a coaster, barring the park would be lacking show venues. But if Bourne is indeed showing up, then it would be best placed at SES and Mummy would be the best placement. It will suck for the park to not be able to have anything else besides Hippogriff for several years for a coaster, but I think the Mummy would be the most ideal location for this ride if Bourne is coming. When I was leaving the Mummy a few weeks ago, I overheard a random guest go "Man, this s*** was whack! That IncrediCoaster ride at California Adventures is hella faster!" I think that person's sentiment reflects everyone else's thoughts on the Mummy. This ride would be a good replacement for it.

Also, since this is likely going where Mummy is, it's going to feel pretty out-of-place in a jumbled lot. While I doubt this is the approach they will take on this, it would be great if they based the ride on Tokyo Drift. They could put the entrance where the ice cream shop and Starbucks are and they can make a Tokyo miniland while JW would already be sectioned off for its own miniland. They could then tie Transformers into it somehow and it would be even better with the SNW entrance right there. It would help the lower lot feel less incoherent.

But this sounds like a dope coaster. I say bring it! With the construction on this alleged new tram attraction right across from where Supercharged is, I wonder if they're planning for the future by getting rid of Supdercharged for this?
Maybe, but as they say, only time will tell. I wonder if Bourne goes to the upper lot as you were saying, will they have to demo both SES and AA to make way for a new custom venue for it? after looking at videos for it at Orlando the venue looks bigger than SES at Hollywood.

Maybe, but as they say, only time will tell. I wonder if Bourne goes to the upper lot as you were saying, will they have to demo both SES and AA to make way for a new custom venue for it? after looking at videos for it at Orlando the venue looks bigger than SES at Hollywood.
Yep, I said it in another thread but for both size restrictions, and that the foundations are falling apart for the SES and AA buildings

Reactions: Freak
Yep, I said it in another thread but for both size restrictions, and that the foundations are falling apart for the SES and AA buildings
Yup that’s correct. Foundation for the tram plaza is going through the same thing so something will have to be done there sooner or later.

When they do tear down AA and SES, it seems likely Bourne is going to go into one of those two slots, but I really hope they save at least one of those slots for a dark ride.