Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But….that’s why we liked the sign.
Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

There's a reason why people love the K Sign ontop of the Sky Tower at Knotts. Upgrading and enhancing the current sign with LED, would've been an amazing thing to honor history of the park, while also progressing into the future.

Reactions: BriefCasey
On the bright side- The supports for the sign are still standing, and I don't see any sign debris. Maybe it was dismantled and saved? If that thing was hit with a bulldozer, I'm fairly certain those supports would've come down with it
We got the heads up it was being “demolished” so I’m gonna believe that’s what happened.

It sucks for a myriad of reasons; as I hope they'd get sent to that of the Vegas Neon museum--but I highly doubt it.

Going to the scrap pile, when it shouldn't.

There's a neon museum right in Glendale, too! Directly across the street from Americana.

The sign would be too large for it, though, but they could at least preserve a single letter. I believe the Glendale museum also got the old Knott's K, but it's just not on display yet. They have more neon than space to display!

There's a neon museum right in Glendale, too! Directly across the street from Americana.

The sign would be too large for it, though, but they could at least preserve a single letter. I believe the Glendale museum also got the old Knott's K, but it's just not on display yet. They have more neon than space to display!
It is probably too big for it, but the Valley relics museum in Van Nuys has a lot of old USH artifacts.

(Btw, if anybody is interested in USH history, you should check it out!)

It is probably too big for it, but the Valley relics museum in Van Nuys has a lot of old USH artifacts.

(Btw, if anybody is interested in USH history, you should check it out!)
Wow

I Lived in Van Nuys for years and neverrrrrrr heard of them or got like an Ad or anything.

I definitely have to go now

I JUST looked up the location, I was less then a ten minute walk from it....lol.

I do hope they install a sign somewhere else. It's cool driving south on the 101 and seeing the giant minion, hope we can see a giant, vibrant Universal sign in the future. Plus, the coaster train should have lights too, like Rockit?

Kind of hope they put up a new sign that evokes the vibe of the OG while looking much more contemporary.

Also, is it really going to take until 2025 to build a coaster like this? I can't imagine this having a lot of themeing, as the hillside and LA backdrop will be doing most of the work there I'd imagine.

Kind of hope they put up a new sign that evokes the vibe of the OG while looking much more contemporary.

Also, is it really going to take until 2025 to build a coaster like this? I can't imagine this having a lot of themeing, as the hillside and LA backdrop will be doing most of the work there I'd imagine.
I’d say early 2025 almost like around when Nintendo opened if I had to guess

Honestly in my opinion I think it'll be done by next year. Late next year but I'm optimistic it'll be 2024. I'm probably wrong though but here's hoping lol

Honestly in my opinion I think it'll be done by next year. Late next year but I'm optimistic it'll be 2024. I'm probably wrong though but here's hoping lol
I just honesty can't see 2025 (unless its like early 2025) with a coaster like this.

Unless they reaaaaaally want that 2025 Memorial Day addition.