Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Posting this here just for a good giggle.

I mean I love TPP, but....this is....not possible.

The rumored Fast and Furious coaster is going to be pushing the envelope as is for sound concerns, much less this. Also you realize how angry the rich neighbors would be seeing a hideous coaster track polluting their view?

Reactions: shiekra38
Rather than go high into the air, it’ll just follow down and then back up the hill, from upper lot to lower lot and back, without being too crazy in the skyline. Might go over the escalator though, which I think could be cool. Otherwise, just using the existing landscape to its advantage.

The more I think of this coaster, the more Helix/Taiga I feel of it.

Add in the potential of the controlled spinning, of-course.

Reactions: Freak
Rather than go high into the air, it’ll just follow down and then back up the hill, from upper lot to lower lot and back, without being too crazy in the skyline. Might go over the escalator though, which I think could be cool. Otherwise, just using the existing landscape to its advantage.
I figured it wasn’t going to protrude the skyline much.

If you’re at liberty to say, will the coaster portion encapsulate just the area circled in yellow bellow, or will it go all the way down to the area circled in red?

0247F6C2-1916-4F49-90CD-C5A582A697DC.jpeg

I figured it wasn’t going to protrude the skyline much.

If you’re at liberty to say, will the coaster portion encapsulate just the area circled in yellow bellow, or will it go all the way down to the area circled in red?

View attachment 16586
Yellow I would assume. As well as the two theaters (and behind them) left of the escalator of course.

The rumored Fast and Furious coaster is going to be pushing the envelope as is for sound concerns, much less this. Also you realize how angry the rich neighbors would be seeing a hideous coaster track polluting their view?
Why so indignant over a fan concept?

Posting this here just for a good giggle.

I mean I love TPP, but....this is....not possible.

Fun to day dream about what could happen in a perfect world but there are a ew major things left out of this:

1. Studio Tour route is missing.

2. The Fire Station is missing

3. How would ADA access work? As of right now wheel chair guests have to take an elevator down to a special shuttle bus loading area on the Upper Lot, and that shuttle travels down Kirk Douglas Drive to the Lower Lot drop off next to the Raptor Encounter.

Whatever they build will be great. Two criteria. Make it so we don't have to go to lockers first. And two, we don't have to go through a metal detector. Velocicoaster makes you lock everything up AND you have to go through a metal detector due to the section of track that goes upside down and people walk under it. Magic Mountain has this same issue with West Coast Racers, but they put netting underneath it.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
Whatever they build will be great. Two criteria. Make it so we don't have to go to lockers first. And two, we don't have to go through a metal detector. Velocicoaster makes you lock everything up AND you have to go through a metal detector due to the section of track that goes upside down and people walk under it. Magic Mountain has this same issue with West Coast Racers, but they put netting underneath it.

i'd argue though that the Velocicoaster method seems to work. It ensures and allows phones to be accessible for people as they wait in the queue, up to a certain point; and encourages looking about within the queue, to spot what is present and in play.

I’m really curious to see how the locker situation plays out if this coaster happens. I know it will at least be the same as Mummy but I wonder if it will have the same policy as Hulk/Rock-It/VelociCoaster. I know people in SoCal are not going to react well to people having to go through a metal detector and put EVERYTHING in their pockets in a locker. It will be interesting if they carry that same policy over here.

But I think it’s safe to say it will at the very least have the same policy as FJ and Mummy. But hopefully they can make the locker situation for bags similar to VC’s.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
I’m really curious to see how the locker situation plays out if this coaster happens. I know it will at least be the same as Mummy but I wonder if it will have the same policy as Hulk/Rock-It/VelociCoaster. I know people in SoCal are not going to react well to people having to go through a metal detector and put EVERYTHING in their pockets in a locker. It will be interesting if they carry that same policy over here.

But I think it’s safe to say it will at the very least have the same policy as FJ and Mummy. But hopefully they can make the locker situation for bags similar to VC’s.
Or design it so you dont have to go to any lockers. That was my issue with my recent trip to Florida. The constant going to lockers. 7 days at Disney and we didn’t visit one locker.

Reactions: Freak
Or design it so you dont have to go to any lockers. That was my issue with my recent trip to Florida. The constant going to lockers. 7 days at Disney and we didn’t visit one locker.
lockers are a mixed bag but they make operations more efficient. Disney doesn’t have any rides that require lockers, but the efficiency of getting people on and off is great at Universal for Mummy etc. sure they are inconvenient but I hate the fact places like Magic Mountain and Knott’s have horrible operations due to not having lockers. Also teats seats.

Reactions: JS610 and Nico
People shouldn't be bringing anything on a coaster, it's a giant safety hazard. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Nico
I'm fine with lockers...just build MORE

Like even Potter gets crazy with locker lines. If they build more then no issues but lockers nine out of ten times slow the line progress

Reactions: Magic-Man
lockers are a mixed bag but they make operations more efficient. Disney doesn’t have any rides that require lockers, but the efficiency of getting people on and off is great at Universal for Mummy etc. sure they are inconvenient but I hate the fact places like Magic Mountain and Knott’s have horrible operations due to not having lockers. Also teats seats.
Lockers are terrible free or not, but I agree it makes operations fast. Many rides at sfmm and knotts could use mandatory lockers.

Mummy has the on-ride pouches for small articles

As far as Six Flags & Knotts goes with the lockers, both parks have lockers next to guest services.

X2, Scream, Batman, Tatsu & Riddler ALL have lockers. Not sure if they still offer them free/$2 for an hour or something. But they exist

Also, most of the coasters have storage bins/shelves. For rides like Full Throttle & GhostRider, they'll alternate the storage spaces between trains. Seen it done for Viper. CraZanity has a locked cage.

When the rides are done efficiently, it's great because you don't have to deal with a locker. Left side will be for one train, the right side for the other, etc...

As far as lockers go, Mummy does it best. FJ's lockers are dumb lol..

View attachment 16592View attachment 16593Getting back to the concepts. Was looking at the area in question today at the park. Certainly space along the hillside to put something there but the logical station area seems like where Animals and the stunt show are.

Looks like they're starting to take down the metal fencing dividing the hillside and the parking structure?

....hmmm...