Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Few shots of the Musion technology as well. Hard for me to see/pause while at work, but some great stuff!

Really great behind the scenes look. Cool confirmation that they had a mock up of the animation set up elsewhere.

Love how they're combining motion capture mixed with their live performances for the special effects.

A Nightclub as a preshow? I'm having trouble visualizing how that is going to tie in with the story. The few clips they've shown of the ride look really cool. I just hope there is a good amount of practical used in this ride after the KUKA on cars rumor in the main room turned out to be false.

I'm very slowly becoming less and less interested in this attraction.... If the pre show is going to be us starring at people dancing at a nightclub and then us watching a film with no practical effects in the main room, count me bored. Of course we will never know until it comes out and I will have to try it out for myself before judging but off of what I'm seeing now, I'm just... Ehhhhh whatever

Reactions: Freak
I'm very slowly becoming less and less interested in this attraction.... If the pre show is going to be us starring at people dancing at a nightclub and then us watching a film with no practical effects in the main room, count me bored. Of course we will never know until it comes out and I will have to try it out for myself before judging but off of what I'm seeing now, I'm just... Ehhhhh whatever
Perhaps it'll be similar to the street racing scene in fast 6 rather than a nightclub

Keep an open mind until you experience it in person, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Not that there was any doubt but yes, larger than Kong... but no Cars on sticks. 

17118029708_628a60e19c_b.jpg

Hooray for curved screens

17279836956_11c3a1baa2_b.jpg

17303957562_65cf7e550a_b.jpg

This still looks like the Saw Façade to me... a lot better than Kong though. 

16685529563_d3ba353506_b.jpg

17305335151_7c75986bf3_b.jpg

It would be pretty funny if these people are dancing to Daddy Yankee's Gasolina 

17303958282_72a75d7029_b.jpg

This is going to be epic!!! I can't wait to see all the musion effects. Also is there going to be a thing in the pre show where they use some way to split the 1st two cars from the last 2 cars. Too bad there isn't any practical effects but Kong is still awesome even though it is 5 years old and has no practical effects. Also anyone still thinking there will be no musion effects, look at the entrance to the ride, there is a door unlike Kong to keep it dark on the inside and the musion effect won't be ruined

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thinking, if there were no Kuka arms or physical effects in the main room, why would they need to invest in this 34 front projection system?

This is going to be epic!!! I can't wait to see all the musion effects. Also is there going to be a thing in the pre show where they use some way to split the 1st two cars from the last 2 cars. Too bad there isn't any practical effects but Kong is still awesome even though it is 5 years old and has no practical effects. Also anyone still thinking there will be no musion effects, look at the entrance to the ride, there is a door unlike Kong to keep it dark on the inside and the musion effect won't be ruined
I am very excited for this! ;)

Reactions: 12th Man
So will the trams be moving by themselves to the next scenes or will a driver have to do it. It would work much better if it was automatic.

^The driver has to work all of this to work perfectly.

So the article said that there are "huge fans" as apart of the 4D effects. That's reassuring to see that there will be some realistic wind effects...something Umi could never seem to make work.

I looked at the article, and I like the "build-up" for the ride (I'll leave it at that). Hopefully this will be really good. So far my first impression is eh.

Not sure why people are so concerned over a dance party during the animation..! This is, after all, meant to serve as a condensed version of the film franchise all in one theme park attraction.

After reading that article, this is definitely going to satisfy hardcore fans (in addition to the average guest). I'll refrain from spoiling anything major, though it seems that all 3 sections of this attraction are really going to blow us away. I really am excited for this now.