Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope that the experience doesn't abruptly just end out of nowhere like Kong. I kind of hate how once your tram is about to exit that the natural light just lights up the whole interior and you see the plain screens around you. I know you're on the tour and it's almost "behind the scenes", but I kind of have a love hate relationship with that aspect.

Reactions: 12th Man
I hope that the experience doesn't abruptly just end out of nowhere like Kong. I kind of hate how once your tram is about to exit that the natural light just lights up the whole interior and you see the plain screens around you. I know you're on the tour and it's almost "behind the scenes", but I kind of have a love hate relationship with that aspect.
That's no different than sitting in car 4 and watching Earthquake reset while you drive away. It's part of the appeal imho. 

That's no different than sitting in car 4 and watching Earthquake reset while you drive away. It's part of the appeal imho.
Eh, you know what? You're 100% right. I love watching Earthquake and Jaws reset themselves. You know what the difference is? They're all physical effects. I guess that's the appeal of those two. With Kong, it's like "here's a big empty room, enjoy". Lol. So yeah, you're right, but I guess for me there's nothing magical about a big blank room of screens.

Reactions: Aaron
Exit area canopy looks done.

FastFurious_050215_1.jpg

I am very afraid of placing the Gringotts KUKA arm for F&F.  I can see it now...

-Stuck tram inside F&F.  

-Tram hits screen while exiting.

-Screen INOP similar to Gringotts.

-Only the first car is going to notice the effect!

Poor move to use this with trams.  IMO.
Shouldn't the fact that it's automated mean there's failsafes to protect the tram from hitting the screen?

Granted it's a pretty dumb move to install this seeing how faulty it is in Orlando.

Although its true that it might be a stupid move, They could of improved more now with a newer version of the effect that doesn't break all the damned time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: techmaniac16
I wouldn't call Gringotts a "testing ground" haha. Kuka arms might be relatively new in the theme park world, but they're not THAT new. I just think Universal needs to work out the bugs in Florida, it'll be just fine.

Reactions: Aaron
i was told that annual pass holders will be able to experience supercharged during soft openings in which they will use express trams that will only take you to the attraction. anyone else heard of this? 

i was told that annual pass holders will be able to experience supercharged during soft openings in which they will use express trams that will only take you to the attraction. anyone else heard of this? 

I sure hope so.   I would like to get multiple "rides" on this without having to go through the entire tour.

Just curious, there are a bunch of blockout dates starting in June. How does that work with riding it beforehand for a preview? I think every weekend in June is pretty much blocked out.

Just curious, there are a bunch of blockout dates starting in June. How does that work with riding it beforehand for a preview? I think every weekend in June is pretty much blocked out.
im not sure ..but maybe if you show up with an email invitation then maybe