Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

FastPass Return Times Being Enforced

Jul 18, 2012
In the thick of it
And so starts the process of DLR being dragged kicking and screaming into the process of getting ready for NextGen systems...

Disney limits Fastpass use to printed hour
On Tuesday, the Anaheim parks began enforcing the 60-minute window on each ticket.

By SARAH TULLY / ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ANAHEIM – For more than a decade, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have issued passes for certain attractions, allowing visitors to wait in a shorter line by returning within a designated 60-minute window.

But savvy visitors knew that employees laxly enforced the hour window stamped onto Fastpasses, letting guests board rides with the passes even after the time expired. Not anymore.

Full article here.

I don't have a problem with this outside the realm of NextGen. Not enforcing the windows was part of the problem with Fast pass.

I don't get why this wasn't enforced from the beginning. You know the time you'll have to be there before you even get the fastpass, and then you know how long your wait in the next ride will be and how long it takes to get back to the attraction. The wait time boards are there for a reason.

It's been in place since March at Disney World. Most guests would return within the window anyway. There's the few annual passholders and return guests that weren't happy when the new system was enforced, but it does help with controlling the Fastpass line and estimating wait times. I don't see it making too much of a difference at Disneyland, other than the fact that their attendance is made up of quite a bit more annual passholders than WDW's, percentage-wise.

How could even show up AFTER the specified timeframe though like just work your day around making that attractions's opening for you it's not that difficult.