Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Haunt Scenes of All Time

The entire Dead Silence house was just full of win for me. The catwalk, the moving dolls and the hologram mirrors made this one unforgettable in my book. I literally ran out of this house.

Well obviously for me, PsychoScarepy's bathroom is going to be right up there. Here's my list (in no order):

Body Collectors - The Processing Room
Body Collectors 2 - The Spine Scene
Dracula - The Finale
Silent Hill - The Entrance
The Hallow - Finale
Screamhouse - The Morgue

In no order:

Body Collectors - Processing Room
Psycho Scareapy 1 - Bathroom scene
In-between - String Room
The Thing 1 - End Fighting Scene
HR Bloodengutz - Presidential Scene

No real order here:

* The bathroom in Psychoscarapy

* The pumpkin carving the girl in The Hallow

* The Thanksgiving scene in Bloodengutz

* The girl having her spine ripped out by a Body Collector

* The park in Dead Exposure

As I noted in the other thread...

Distant Cemetery in Winter's Night
Wrong Side of the Bed in Dead End
Masque of Red Death in Nevermore
Zombie Horde in Dead Exposure
Spine Rip/Surgery Theater in Body Collectors: Collections of the Past
Mirror Hallway in Scary Tales III
Feral Brides in Dracula: Legacy of Blood
Igor Heart Rip in Frankenstein: Creation of the Damned

There are some good ones in here. I feel like sans Dead Silence there is a real lack of 2007 in this thread.

Psycho: Through the Mind of Norman Bates, when the house got all Diso and all the Bates had the glowing orbs on them.

Probably scene 3 or 4 in Texas Chainsaw Massacre when you saw Leatherface for the first time and our group happened to have a plant right in front of us.

Mirror room in Nightmare on Elm Street still stands by as one of the freakiest scenes for me.

Cabin room in Friday the 13th with the kids impaled on the bed.

First scene of Body Collectors 2 for whatever reason still captivates me. The way it set the mood.

The bar in Creatures.

The Bear in ScaryTales 3!

Headless Horseman Scene in The Hallow.

Frankenstein jailhouse scene.

Dracula when you entered the ramparts and saw first flying vampires.

Silver Screams Army of Darkness and Shaun of the Dead.

The entire damn house of Hallow'd Past for all the sweet props.

Diorama in Winter's Night and the scene with the crawling corpse.

Tell Tell Heart scene in Poe

Foresaken scene on the ramparts.

Gothic high up monastery scene.

There are some good ones in here. I feel like sans Dead Silence there is a real lack of 2007 in this thread.

I agree--that was my first year going so I was too overwhelmed and surprised to notice most things but I do remember it being more edgy, more violent, and sometimes very terrifying.

I agree--that was my first year going so I was too overwhelmed and surprised to notice most things but I do remember it being more edgy, more violent, and sometimes very terrifying.

2007 was a decent year over-all, but the houses that year were completely decent. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Dead Silence, The Thing, Friday the 13th PsychoScarepy 3 and even Jack's Fun House.

Screamhouse: Caretaker mirror finale
Scary Tales 2: Scarecrow in Cornstalk scene and three little pigs chainsaw finale
All Nite Die In: Entrance through screen and bridge scene entering Crystal Lake
Psychoscarapy: Bathroom Scene, still to this day the nastiest scene ever created
Body Collectors: The original spinal pull
Hellgate Prison: Electric Chair
Castle Vampyr: Bedroom Scene, Library Scene with overhead flying vampires, attic scene with bungee vampires
Demon Cantina: Devil Finale
Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness: THE BLACKOUT
The People Under the Stairs: Under Construction: Even though I hated the house I loved the shotgun effect scene
Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw: Mirror finale and catwalk scene
The Thing: Assimilation: The soldier getting killed in like scene 1 or 2 and the ceiling puppet scene
Dracula Legacy of Blood: Coffin Room, Catacombs, Finale
H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Opening Scene (hit the red button) Presidents Day Room, Feasterbunny, Tree, and Thanksgiving
La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas: The drowning scene and massive puppet finale
La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos: The barn and last three scenes with huge puppets

Dead Exposure's "Crowded Room" - only time I;ve ever come to a dead stop in a house :)

Agree 100% I never really get truly "scared" in the houses, I more just really enjoy the sets and the atmosphere, but this was one of the few times where I actually had a true sense of fear. One other time was when my wife and I were literally the only people in the Nightmare on Elm Street house and had to try to find our way out of the mirror room with about 4 Scareactors in there.

Some other favorite scenes for me are:
Nightengales: when the soldier gets ripped in half (when you got to see it perfectly, it was one of the best scenes of all time).
Texas Chainsaw: the van scene (before it was changed)

For those of us who did not get to experience these scenes can you go into a little more detail as to what made them so scary/memorable? I'm especially curious about this "crowded" scene now that you mention it.

Thanks!

-Andy

For those of us who did not get to experience these scenes can you go into a little more detail as to what made them so scary/memorable? I'm especially curious about this "crowded" scene now that you mention it.

Thanks!

-Andy

It was literally a room with just dozens of mannequins of zombies all strung up & together on strings, with about four actors interspersed around the room. The entire house was in "default" pitch blackness, but UV strobe lights would flash every few seconds in sync with a camera sound effect (to simulate the flashes of a camera). The UV strobes would illuminate the special paint, similar to what was seen in certain rooms of The In-Between. I have no idea if they used mirrors in this room to make the zombies stretch out even more into the horizon, but if they didn't, props, because it looked like there were at least a hundred of them in there. The path was extremely claustrophobic, with you having to push past some zombies to continue (and it wasn't a straight line - it was zig-zagy). Because the zombies were on strings, a scare actor (or a guest) touching any of them caused all of them to move around a bit and convulse, making it extremely difficult to tell which were fake and which were real. Remember - this is in addition the entire house being pitch black darkness, with the sets and characters only being revealed by the strobes every few seconds (so there were 2-3 seconds of periods of absolute darkness). It was an incredibly executed and terrifying scene... I distinctly remember a woman in front of me going "oh HELL NO." as we entered it.

They (IMO) unsuccessfully attempted to recreate the scene in 2010's Hallow'd Past... the scene didn't work at all because it had zero depth (just 3-4 mannequins on either side of the guest, spaced apart) with paintings of zombies on the walls. The path was straight, and required no contact with the zombies (i.e. no disorientation). The fake zombies were at least a foot off the ground and spun in circles due to being suspended by strings (while the 2008 versions where on the ground and connected to one another), making it instantly obvious which ones were fake. (The poor scare actors constantly ran through the room and nudged each of the fakes to try and get them to move in hopes of camouflaging themselves). Worst of all, the lighting effect that made the original so brilliantly simply didn't work in the parade building - the roof is way too high up and there were no artificial roofs created that year (thank you overzealous fire marshall), so the bright lighting elsewhere in the house leaked into the room, making the strobe lights entirely pointless.

I don't remember the house or even the year, but I recall a scene where you walked through a subway car. The car was tilting back and forth, you could feel the wind blowing and zombies/mutants were attacking you through every open/broken window. Does anyone remember which house/year that was?

-Edit- I figured out that scene was from the 2004 house Deadtropolis

Last edited:
Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness - Bathroom scene
Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays - Chainsaw Santa scene
The Thing: Assimilation - Rec Room scene (the dog-thing still gives me chills to this day)
Dead Exposure - Crowded scene
Creatures! - Facade
Silver Screams - Facade (best I've ever seen at HHN)
Hades: Gates of Ruin - Medusa/vibrating floor scene
The Forsaken - Tilted floor scene
H.R. Bloodengutz - President's Day scene
The In-Between - Laser scene
Nightengales: Blood Prey - Ripped soldier scene
Gothic - Facade and Balcony scene
House of Horrors - Frankenstein hallway
Penn and Teller Newkd Las Vegas - Christmas lights scene
Silent Hill- Facade and Hospital scene