Favorite/Least Favorite House from HHN 17 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite/Least Favorite House from HHN 17

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We couldn’t make it to all the houses because the wait time for all was over 100 mins…All of the houses we did make it to, were scary.. I don’t remember the names, Brian would…He remembers everything…

Honestly I have been going since 06 and HHN 17 was the worst year I really did not have a favorite house...I like when Universal comes up with there own Icons

Looking through this thread was kind of emotional. Old names and old forum memories. I really can't believe HHN 17 was 13 years ago.

Was it really as amazing as I remember, or was it just because it was my first?

Reactions: Darko

I missed that year—I know at the time people complained pretty loudly about lack of scarezones (on Vault at least). But yeah, seems like 17 was a terrific lineup of houses. 17 and 18 had a perfect amount of balance and variety in their lineups, and I think that’s the number one thing I look for not just at HHN, but theme parks in general.

If I ever got access to a time machine, you know what I would use it for LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
Favorite house from 17 The Thing, I think it was a stellar house, they did what they could to try and pick it off in their own way how the story could have continued and why not place it in Florida, lot of really good effects and the settings were amazing definitely one of a kind, I didn't care for much the remake we got in 2011, I think this was the superior one till we actually get the Original Thing as a house, 19 was also a good jab with in Silver Screams. As for least favorite house from 17, I'd say Vampyr: Blood Bath, I think it under-delivered and became basically part-Bladeish with the whole nightclub thing, I know its supposed to be some kind of setup but coming off Castle Vampyr in 2004 and then the sequel 06 with Blood Masquerade, I'd rather just a return back to Castle Vampyr, it had such a rich story that I think would have worked still.

Man I’ve just been hit with nostalgia for this year recently. I remember spending hours on that website, listening to the radio transmission of the cop for the Psychoscareapy house, getting hyped up to go. That website setup the mood and atmosphere before you even got in the park.

Then seeing the archway all decorated with carnival trucks and banners, just made you even more excited.

Honestly, looking back, the house line-up was stellar. This year contained my favorite house of all time, Home for the Holidays, and I was a massive fan of the slasher houses. Honestly I’m one of few people who loves seeing the slashers return no matter how many times. I love all the Halloween houses and TCM houses we’ve had of late. I will never tire of the slashers. If only we got Scream at 25.

The park wide scare zone was fun to me. But I’m a sucker for dark carnival themes so that’s probably why I loved it. Granted I think if they ever had an idea to sorta reboot the Carnival of Carnage, I think dedicated scare zones all themed around a specific carnival theme (Evil Carnies, Fortune Tellers, etc.) it would work better.

Funnily enough I wonder how crowds would do with a big park wide scare zone like this again. Would there still be bottlenecks like we see now? We will never find out I’m sure. Just a thought.

I’ll miss you Ringmaster Jack and your glorious Carnival of Carnage. You were too good for this world. Despacito, play “Old Country Road”.

Reactions: Sledge