Favorite Scarezone | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Scarezone

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Scarezone This Year?

• Acid Assault

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Your Luck Has Run Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nightmaze

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Grown Evil

Votes: 5 16.7%

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Canyon of Dark Souls

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Jakemeister

V.I.P. Member
Feb 1, 2008
Central, Fl
What was your favorite scarezone this run?

What was your initial most anticipated, what was your favorite at the beginning, what is your favorite now, your sleeper hit, etc.

Discuss.

Favorite over all was Acid Assault, but I might be biased.

Sleeper Hit was definitely 7.

Most anticipated initially was Nightmaze.

Favorite at the beginning was definitely Your Luck Has Run Out...I don't know what happened there.

Favorite overall: 7
Most Anticipated: Nightmaze
Favorite at Beginning:Grown Evil
Sleeper Hit: I know I am gonna get crap about this but I enjoyed the crew at Nightmaze. I thought they did an amazing job with what they had and was consistently trying harder than any other zone this year.

I'm probably the only person in the world who did this but I actually would go watch Nightmaze scares occasionally. What I liked about watching Nightmaze was how you weren't on the sidelines watching as much, you were much closer to the people being scared. I loved that.

I'm probably the only person in the world who did this but I actually would go watch Nightmaze scares occasionally. What I liked about watching Nightmaze was how you weren't on the sidelines watching as much, you were much closer to the people being scared. I loved that.

Thats a negative ghostrider I was doing it last night :lol: I also enjoyed watching the exit of Saws and Steam :thumbs:

My most anticipated was Nightmaze. It didn't live up to it's expectations for me. I was expecting an actual maze. I'm not saying the SA were bad though, I actually got a couple of scares.

My favorite overall was Acid Assault. I loved the wheelchair SA and I always felt like they were teaming up on us.

Sleeper hit was 7. I got so many scares in this zone ( I absolutely hate chainsaws :lol: ) . One of the SA by Vanity was following me andwhispering in my ear which was really freaky.

Most Anticipated: Nightmaze. Yeah... About that...
Beginning Favorite: Grown Evil. Had me at thick fog.
Sleeper: 7. I don't think I've seen a Scare-zone with that much energy.
Most Improved: Acid Assault. The actors got better. Wheelchair actor is insane.

1. 7
2. Grown Evil
3. Canyon of Dark Souls
4. Acid Assault
5. Nightmaze
6. Your Luck Has Run Out

I think my most anticipated was 7. I remember watching the construction pretty actively. I'd be at the park each day to see what new stuff they had added to the stages.

My favorite at the beginning was a tie between 7 and Acid Assault.

My favorite overall was 7. I loved watching that zone and hearing The Beautiful People over and over. I'll miss that.

The sleeper hit for me was probably Acid Assault. I wasn't all that excited for it but it ended up turning out really good.

Crown Evil, most anticipated
Canyon Dark, Souls Acid Assault, best zone in that area in along while
Canyon of Dark Souls, simple but good
Your Luck, it is only this high up because most of the zones sucked this year
7, lame, lame area.
Nightmaze, what a joke, least anticipated

Most anticipated was Grown Evil, least was YLHRO (rightfully so). Sleeper hit easily was 7.

1. 7 (without a doubt)
2. Acid Assault
3. Nightmaze
4. Grown Evil
5. Canyon of Dark Souls
6. Your Luck Has Run Out

1) Canyon of Dark Souls- I had low expectations and honestly never did fall in love with this zone. In a year with the worst scarezones since Carnival of Carnage though, even a dull blade stands out amongst rubber ones. It was simplistic, good use of smoke and lighting, and full of scareactors who genuinely cared about their roles.

2) 7- Similarly, I had low expectations, still didn't like this street, but admired scareacters. Problem for me was that the concept of changing wardrobe overnight seems great on paper. That is, until it is applied to the real world where folks literally have to walk back and forth continuously to see what the heck is supposed to be going on on that street.

3) Acid Assault- Too large an area with too few and scattered scareactors. Projections only lent positively to the street's atmosphere from a distance but, upon actually entering the street, the up-close effects work against it and distracted more than anything else.

4) Grown Evil- The music was about as intense as a sleepy basket of kittens and the animal-people were just awkward. I mean whose idea was it to shoot for "sexy anthropomorphic bat-girl?" Many of the ravens and bats had airbrushed cleavage that I found remarkably awkward. That aside, the scare-tactic of silently flapping one's wings at the guests just doesn't cut it. It's just boring and strange.

5) Your Luck has Run Out- The title seems a befitting mantra for Lady Luck and her lowly status in the pantheon of Icons. It baffles me conceptually that someone's idea for the ICON'S STREET was "how about we get about nine or so Lady Lucks and just toss them in a sparse, inconvenient alley way?" Heck, I've seen paper-masks scarier than Lady Luck's. At least the masked ladies stayed active despite their boo-sound sounding more suggestive than frightening.

I know there were six streets in all but I just can't, for the life of me, remember what the sixth one was... Hm. Must have been abundantly memorable. Kidding, but Nightmaze was literally the worst street I've ever seen before in my life and I just don't care to talk about it anymore than I have too.

My initial most anticipated was Acid Assault and it really lived up to that, and it was also my favorite at the beginning. My favorite now is definitely Grown Evil. The music really got to me (being a big Silent Hill fan) and I really loved the costumes. got some great scares in here. The sleeper hit definitely goes out to Nightmaze. Opening weekend, the zone was very lackluster and the rain didn't help that much. Second weekend I was blown away by the effort and drive these guys really put into their roles. I got at least 4 or 5 great scares in this zone, and I usually do not get scared in the zones.

Best: Nightmaze. I know I'm in the minority, but I loved the atmosphere here, plus the scare actors gave me some truly awesome scares I didn't know were capable in scarezones.
Most Anticipated: Grown Evil
Best theme: Grown Evil
Sleeper hit: 7

Nightmaze, 7, Grown Evil, Acid Assault, Canyon of Dark Souls, and Your Luck Has Run Out for me.

I know everyone's talking about how great the house lineup was this year, but really I think its the streets that were most impressive this year. Canyon of the Dark Souls was terrifying and insane for most of the year, because the actors blended into the walls so well. The fog made it impossible to see them, and the canyon itself was daunting to walk through. They toned the fog down a little near the end of the event, which was saddening; but it was still damn impressive.

Acid Assault might have been even better. The atmosphere was just perfect. The collapsing buildings, the ash, and the wonderful set pieces on the ground....wow. The actors were all absurd. Major props to them.

As for Your Luck Has Run Out...well...can we just pretend it didn't happen? >_<

Best: Acid Assault
Most Anticipated: Nightmaze
Sleeper: Canyon of the Dark Souls

1. Acid Assault
2. Canyon of the Dark Souls
3. Nightmaze
4. Grown Evil
5. 7
6. Your Luck Has Run Out