Favorite WDW Restaurant? | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite WDW Restaurant?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Favorites:

- Kona Cafe
- Trail's End
- The Boathouse
- Homecoming
- Morimoto
- Boma
- California Grill

No rhyme or reason to the order, although Kona and Trail's End did come to mind quickly as I probably go there most.

I did leave out two key categories though: In-park restaurant and Character Dining:
Character Dining: Ohana
In-Park: Via Napoli or Skipper Canteen

Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest and Yak Yeti for me.

Trying Saana, Brunch at the Top and Skipper Canteen this year and thoroughly looking forward to it.

Reactions: hishedale
Favorites:

- Kona Cafe
- Trail's End
- The Boathouse
- Homecoming
- Morimoto
- Boma
- California Grill

No rhyme or reason to the order, although Kona and Trail's End did come to mind quickly as I probably go there most.

I did leave out two key categories though: In-park restaurant and Character Dining:
Character Dining: Ohana
In-Park: Via Napoli or Skipper Canteen
Is Homecoming really worth it? I hear so much about it, and I'm really considering it for when I go soon. How does it compare to the 50's Primetime chicken?
Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest and Yak Yeti for me.

Trying Saana, Brunch at the Top and Skipper Canteen this year and thoroughly looking forward to it.
Skipper Canteen is really good. The menu isn't really too big, but the selections are really good. I personally love the Tastes Like Chicken, the sauce is a good balance of spice and flavor. The Char Siu is good, but it is definitely not as good as the vegetable curry (the naan is really great).

Reactions: Scott W.
Is Homecoming really worth it? I hear so much about it, and I'm really considering it for when I go soon. How does it compare to the 50's Primetime chicken?

Skipper Canteen is really good. The menu isn't really too big, but the selections are really good. I personally love the Tastes Like Chicken, the sauce is a good balance of spice and flavor. The Char Siu is good, but it is definitely not as good as the vegetable curry (the naan is really great).

I quite like a smaller menu and everything on it looks right up my street.

I've also got Sci-Fi Diner booked which I had always avoided but I've heard that the new burger chef is from D-Luxe.

I haven't been to 50's primetime in quite a bit, but Homecoming is all fresh and high quality so I don't think i'm going out on a limb by saying that Homcoming is the better of the two.

They aren'te necessarily a 1:1 comparison though. 50's Primetime is... well 50's Americana type food. Homecoming is modern, southern homecooking.

I quite like a smaller menu and everything on it looks right up my street.

I've also got Sci-Fi Diner booked which I had always avoided but I've heard that the new burger chef is from D-Luxe.
I had a mediocre time at Sci Fi when I went, but maybe that was before the new chef. The atmosphere was really fun (I love the ridiculous movies) but the food was just meh. Maybe I should give it another try.
Also, when you go to Skipper Canteen please report back. You should ask for the butterfly room.

I haven't been to 50's primetime in quite a bit, but Homecoming is all fresh and high quality so I don't think i'm going out on a limb by saying that Homcoming is the better of the two.

They aren't necessarily a 1:1 comparison though. 50's Primetime is... well 50's Americana type food. Homecoming is modern, southern home cooking.
I just meant to compare them because I would hear 50's Primetime has the best fried chicken, and now I'm seeing glowing reviews constantly for Homecoming. I do really love Primetime. I haven't had a bad experience with any of the workers, they all make the experience so enjoyable. (The apple crisp there is so good).

Ohana is my fave for dinner. It was better a few years ago but I’ve never had a bad meal there. You can even watch the fireworks.

Sanaa: the bread service is worth it.

In park: Biergarten: Great beer and the food is always consistent. Don’t love sitting with strangers but the atmosphere is fun.

Yak and Yeti: Had a delicious Kobe burger and the price wasn’t crazy.

Ohana is my fave for dinner. It was better a few years ago but I’ve never had a bad meal there. You can even watch the fireworks.

Sanaa: the bread service is worth it.

In park: Biergarten: Great beer and the food is always consistent. Don’t love sitting with strangers but the atmosphere is fun.

Yak and Yeti: Had a delicious Kobe burger and the price wasn’t crazy.
Yak and Yeti is very good. The pot stickers are great, plus I'm a sucker for Asian Food (mostly Chinese, Japanese does not appeal to me).

Reactions: Nick and Skold
What are your picks @hishedale ?
Well, currently, I can't make up my mind. In the past year, I have eaten at a lot of places on property, and I liked almost all of them. I love Skippers Canteen, Nine Dragons, 50's Primetime, and Yak and Yeti. I actually like Rainforest Cafe, and was the only one from my group that enjoyed Satu'li Canteen. I'm going to go solo for the first time (I actually made a thread for that too) so I'm going to try some new things on my trip. I haven't eaten at any Disney Springs restaurants, so maybe I'll find a new favorite there.

Reactions: Scott W.
My favorite restaurant of all the parks is The Plaza, those loaded fries haha. 50’s is really good at Hollywood, Spice Road & Via Napoli at Epcot are great, and Yak Yeti at Animal Kingdom is amazing.

Well, currently, I can't make up my mind. In the past year, I have eaten at a lot of places on property, and I liked almost all of them. I love Skippers Canteen, Nine Dragons, 50's Primetime, and Yak and Yeti. I actually like Rainforest Cafe, and was the only one from my group that enjoyed Satu'li Canteen. I'm going to go solo for the first time (I actually made a thread for that too) so I'm going to try some new things on my trip. I haven't eaten at any Disney Springs restaurants, so maybe I'll find a new favorite there.

You’re the only person I’ve ever heard that liked Nine Dragons.

At 50’s I really like the Pot Roast and at Yak I really like the Korean ribs :)
Those Korean BBQ ribs are massive too! But yes, they're very good. If you go again, you should try the Korean BBQ Beef with the peppers, onions, and rice. It's not as spicy, but still very good.
You’re the only person I’ve ever heard that liked Nine Dragons.
Hahaha. I hear a lot of hate for it. All the times I've gone have been very enjoyable. I don't get why people don't like it.