Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Festival of Fantasy

Jul 14, 2010
I noticed that we didn't have any mention of the Festival of Fantasy parade going on.

Here's some of the concept art:
fla174646SMALL.jpg

pan294848SMALL.jpg

tan375736SMALL.jpg

Also of note Orlando Theme Park News is reporting that when it opens it will be running twice a day and MSEP will be taken out of show for a refurb. Also mentions that because of the height of the floats the holiday decorations will need to be redone.

Here's a link to that article: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/05/disney-rumors-new-fireworks-show-one.html

Yea, I knew it was mentioned in there (ran a search but didn't come up that thread actually).

But I figure that thread is really about the 24 hour event.

Will be sad there will be no night time parade for a little bit when this starts, but I am excited for a new parade.

Looks like we're just rehashing the Flights of Fantasy parade from Hong Kong!
Similar artistic design. But this is an all new parade. I LOATH TDO, but have to give credit where credit is due. This looks like a massive parade by Steve Davidson. I trust him and am excited to see what he come up with.

Do you guys think that this parade is going to incorporate the music from Flights of Fantasy too? Because Mickey's Soundsational parade at Disneyland California already has. It may be a possibility right?
And if this parade gets the same music (which I love), it still gonna get very unique floats. It's going to be awesome! but I'm really gonna miss the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, I'm in love with its music too.

The real kicker for this thing will be the expansion of the castle hub. I'm hearing rumors it will be twice as big with an outer ring to keep crowds moving and the inner ring (current) will be where the parade goes. Gone will be the bridge and some of the grassy areas near the popcorn stands. The castle ramps will get a slight reroute too. And some new turrets will be added. But this will make a lot more viewing area for parades and fireworks.

I really like the concept art, I hope it transfers well.
What will this replace? MISICI ?

I saw a video of the new floats and they sure look nice but I was shocked that there is not much space for characters on their. Will they walk around the floats or will Disney save a buck?

Wow. That looks awesome. A new parade like this at MK is LONG overdue. But also.. what they do at MK lately that isn't?

Disney is #1 for parades

[video=youtube;0ZK2AV4JEjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZK2AV4JEjA[/video]

Yes, the parade looks good. It's nice to see traditional characters with their music. Much better than some of that Disney channel parade stuff that was predominant.

Yes, the parade looks good. It's nice to see traditional characters with their music. Much better than some of that Disney channel parade stuff that was predominant.
I have no problem with some of those parade stop type parades like Move it, Shake it (which is very hub centric) as long as the parks offer a first rate main parade as well. Parades like Movie it, Shake it have great energy and it lets kids let off some steam and interact with the characters, which is great.

Unfortunately for about 4-5 years now that parade has been running with 3:00 parade that was 13 years old by the end of it's life cycle. Disney has been terrible about updating the main entertainment shows in recent years and DLR, TDLR, HKDL, etc have all seen much grander parades come and even go in the time span that we held that one parade. So it's a great and needed addition that we finally got what looks to be a beautiful new parade, now about that fireworks show...

I just saw the new parade on video. Here are a few of my thoughts. First of all I'm not a parade person and I think it has been 12 years since I seen the former parade.
The floats look beautiful and are highly detailed but most of them are quite small and contain few or non characters (like the maleficent dragon (highlight of the float)).
The Peter Pan ship didn't rock and only had captain Hook under it. I thought there would be 2.
The groups between the floats are feeling quit small. The costumes are elaborate but with all the movement going to much. The first group (yellow and white dresses) worked best.
The look of the newsies/lost boys was just wrong and I found it actually insulting that a great animation masterpiece is used as an advertising for a Disney newsies musical.
It also felt quite short (or the old one felt really long ;-)).
I miss a float theme musical wise. It felt a bit disjointed.

It was long overdue and Disney needed something to replace the old and tired parade (like with so many shows and rides) and the replacement is ok. I'm sure in person it will be much better but I won't visit Disney until they build something that makes it worth my time and money to visit them and that is after Star Wars Land is finished and if they did an amazing job with it.