Final Fantasy XV Universe | Inside Universal Forums

Final Fantasy XV Universe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Sooo....not much talk about this game here, so;

the latest installment of the Final Fantasy series; 'Final Fantasy XV' will be officially releasing worldwide on September 30th, 2016 as revealed by the live event; "Uncovered - Final Fantasy XV" as it hosted Greg Miller (KindaFunny) and Tim Gettys (KindaFunny).

It was also revealed of both a brand new feature film and an anime would be releasing prior to XV's launch (The Anime has already released, with the video being down below).

Final Fantasy XV - Reclaim your Throne trailer (Revealed at Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV)

Brotherhood - Final Fantasy XV: Episode One (Revealed at Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV/All five episodes to be free on YouTube)

Final Fantasy XV - Kingsglaive teaser (Revealed at Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV)

"Final Fantasy XV" releases worldwide for the PS4 and Xbox One on September 30th, 2016 (No word on a PC release).

Reactions: Brian G.
I was not expecting anything besides a release date from the event, so the movie, anime, and demo were all pleasant surprises. I can't think of a game in recent memory with this much hype. Looking forward to September!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm more excited about this than I was before and I'm not a huge FF fan. I'm optimistic but cautious about FFXV. Now there's a certain other major JRPG in 2016 I want to hear more about...

Persona-5-Cover-Art.jpg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Giving a little bit of a megabump, and for a rather good reason in this case.

Final Fantasy XV has now been released worldwide with a possible PC Port coming into the near future; as I have played through the game's main story and some of the side-missions..as well as watching Brotherhood. I want to say first off, this was my first Final Fantasy title. And to be quite honest; I didn't know what to expect.

As I watched the various episodes of Brotherhood; I got the vibes of the relationship that Noctis, Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis all had, but it wasn't until I played the game that I did feel a much larger connection. Perhap's it's just with the amount that I played, but it was this and the high paced action combat that I got enthralled within the game right from the beginning. I love how it feels on the controller, as I played on the Xbox One; as the combat to me, didn't have any problems. I loved the way it was handled of how keeping strategy comes somewhat to play, but also showing in that the abilities that all four characters bring to the table.

It shows very clearly the best of their characters, as it is further enhanced when they just talk with eachother, or small little side quests that add more to the bond I had with the four of them that in a way, I felt connected to much more. I will say this though; as no matter what, this game has an fantastic character that I don't really classify as an antagonist. When you play the game, you know what I mean in a sense, as I'll leave it down to the spoilers. But I also felt that the story was a bit..say, tiresome? Not in a way that made me want to stop, but there was a moment in the game where I pretty much just dreaded everything as I had to wait, as it made me very annoyed and angered (somewhat like how it should do it) but not in a good way.

Overall, this game is fantastic in visuals, as it's story does shine in many aspects. But, with the development of the game, it has some big problems that are hopefully being changed for the better in future patches and free DLC packs for the game. If I was tempted to get it, I am now; but I'll be waiting for the PC port if anything (only for the mods and higher graphical fidelity).

Now, Spoilers

Let's talk about the strongest character in terms of storyline, movitation, and how great he was handled; that being Ardyn Izunia.

Ardyn is a fascinating character when you think about it, as in many ways; he can be classified as the main antagonistic force in this game. And all throughout the game, he pops up at various times; in unique and interesting scenes that add's literal life into the game. I think he's the strongest character in giving a somewhat wow factor for an antagonistic force (almost like The Joker). He's at one moment, a jester of chaos; but then he can get really serious and almost down right unsettling. That, is what I loved about him. Everytime I saw him, I did not know what the literal hell would happen.

And in Many regards, he actually succeeded in his goals. He got rid of his own immortality but at the cost of his own life, eliminated Regis and the bloodline of kings, and set a path for the world to be somewhat better. Strangely, this is where I believe that he is an equally gray character that in a sense, isn't a villain at all and is merely someone seeking to renew the world into something more. Atleast, how I did see it. I believe he is the best written and best performed villain in any form of media for gaming right now, as I am very happy with the end result of him.