Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First Solo Trip Advice

Apr 2, 2016
Kansas
Hello all!

I’ll be going to universal on the 23rd for my first ever solo trip and leaving the 27th. I may also spend a day at Seaworld, depending on crowds. Any tips or tricks for having a fun/ successful solo trip? I have one friend I’ll be meeting there but I’ll most likely be alone majority of the time as they are starting up their DCP (Disney college work labor camp) and will be busy most days.

Thanks!

Depending on the locker situation/how much of the atmosphere you want to experience - bring headphones for the queues. I’d walk around lands without, experiencing the sights and sounds as intended. If I haven’t been on a ride before, I’d do the same for the queue. If I’ve been on them before/the wait is long, just pop in my headphones. Obviously, if you’re a social butterfly, you can probably just get by by making friends in line.

Edit: Also, I agree with Joe’s points. Sometimes with a group you’re constantly trying to hit ride after ride. Take time to just chill in the lands and take everything in. My favorite part of my solo trip was getting ice cream, sitting on the steps nexts to Gringotts, and people watching.

Last edited:
Thank you both! Also along the same things what would be the best way to do HHN alone? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but never have, but I’m scared I may be overwhelmed. I was honestly thinking about doing an RIP tour so I have a “group” to go with. Thoughts?

Thank you both! Also along the same things what would be the best way to do HHN alone? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but never have, but I’m scared I may be overwhelmed. I was honestly thinking about doing an RIP tour so I have a “group” to go with. Thoughts?

HHN alone is doable (ignore UOR's marketing slogan lol) and fun!

I've done HHN alone before, and lived to tell the tale. Don't fall for the propaganda haha.
As for daytime trips, definitely try the small shows, like the various Harry Potter shows. No queue, and they're quite entertaining. Plus you can grab a quick bite and snack while watching.
Don't recommend Rock it or Hulk, as those require a metal detector, so you'll be without a phone for a big section of the queue. But try out Popeye, you sit in a circle, gives a great community feel. Or Gringotts, which has multiple pre shows.

For HHN, I’m more worried about being in that kind of overwhelming environment alone as I’ve never really gone to an horror event before, plus those back stage lines look awful to stand in alone, if I were to get an express pass, how long are those waits typically for each house?

For HHN, I’m more worried about being in that kind of overwhelming environment alone as I’ve never really gone to an horror event before, plus those back stage lines look awful to stand in alone, if I were to get an express pass, how long are those waits typically for each house?
Yes to express. Unless you really like standing in long lines staring at your phone along with everyone else staring at their phone spring for express.
I run solo and I won't go without express.
Lots of quiet places to hang out, one of my favorites is Moe's or along the side of a scarezone to watch the action, usually the SAs will leave you alone if it looks like you are off to the side.