Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First time to USH!

Dec 22, 2015
Hello! 

Newbie here....First time to USH...but having lived in Orlando for over 20yrs...I have been to the Orlando parks more times than I can count!  My questions are how busy is the park on Sunday's in the middle of Sept? I'll be staying down at Disneyland and only have one day to visit the park....BUT I do know that the traffic during the week is a nightmare heading up from Anaheim, so I'm trying to avoid getting stuck in traffic all morning...was hoping to be at the gate before it opens to beat the crowds!   Was eyeing the Sept 11th 2016 date which is a Sunday....I do relize that with the HP world opening it might b hard to predict....But any and all suggestion would b helpful!!!

Thanks!

It'll be difficult to predict before Potter, but I think you can get a pretty decent estimate once the land opens.

For what it's worth, September 11 is always the tail-end before the summer season ends for local schools.

I would have to chime in with a different story...Los Angeles school district now starts school mid August.  Summer season for the theme parks tends to end before Labor Day weekend (this is supported by annual passes not being blacked out for the latter half of August).  With Sept 11 being post Labor Day, you should have no issues with traffic...especially on a Sunday morning.  The park crowding, I agree, will be challenging to gauge only because we have not seen the influx just yet for Potter, but I can imagine local activity and tourism will still be very slow around that given time frame.  I would think you may see 10am-6pm hours.