Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

First Time Visit for Friend

Apr 21, 2013
Hey All,

So I'm a regular to USH, but I usually go to do a couple rides and bounce since I've been so many times. Now, I have a weird request, because I'm not as concerned with lines as I am about length of time needed. The hours are 9-7 this Sunday, 11/23 when we are supposed to be visiting, so I know we can get all of the shows and rides done. I have 2 concerns.

1) Being able to do Jurassic Park at dark. Sunset is around 4:45.

2) Doing Lower Lot last. I know the first time I went to the park and did JP, Mummy and TF last, it made my day. The quality of those rides compared to the upper lot is no compare IMO. More specifically, I kind of want to do the worst to best. So for instance, first attraction is Shrek (but more on that later).

So, I've devised a plan on how to attack. Maybe the experts here would be kind enough to shed light on if its feasible or not. I totally understand that showtimes will dictate some of this (is there a way to see the showtimes for this Sunday in advance?), so we will have to go with the flow on that front, but humor me.

Get to Park at 1030 (tickets already bought)

Shrek 4-D

Animal Actors

Special Effects Show

Lunch

Waterworld

Despicable Me

Studio Tour

Simpsons

(Will it be dark by this point?) 

Jurassic Park

Mummy

Transformers

I was trying to calc out on average how long this would take us, and I'm thinking this will bring us to around 6 or 630? Any ideas or advice on ways to attack? 

Expect this Sunday to be very busy.  I like your plan on keeping the continuous running rides until later in the evening.  Feels like the old days...

Transformers will have your highest wait.  I would also suggest going to Despicable Me before Waterworld because all lines go up after a Waterworld show exits.

Shrek 4-D is the poorest experience in the park right now due to the construction.  So I suggest to see Despicable Me after Shrek 4D and then continue with your plan.

Shrek 4-D

Despicable Me

Super Silly Fun Land and Silly Swirly

Animal Actors or Special Effects

Lunch at Palace Theater Cafe

Waterworld (keep an eye on show time)

Studio Tour

Simpsons

Mummy

Transformers

NBC Universal Experience

Jurassic Park

Walk out of the park soaked!  LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Expect this Sunday to be very busy.  I like your plan on keeping the continuous running rides until later in the evening.  Feels like the old days...

Transformers will have your highest wait.  I would also suggest going to Despicable Me before Waterworld because all lines go up after a Waterworld show exits.

Shrek 4-D is the poorest experience in the park right now due to the construction.  So I suggest to see Despicable Me after Shrek 4D and then continue with your plan.

Shrek 4-D

Despicable Me

Super Silly Fun Land and Silly Swirly

Animal Actors or Special Effects

Lunch at Palace Theater Cafe

Waterworld (keep an eye on show time)

Studio Tour

Simpsons

Mummy

Transformers

NBC Universal Experience

Jurassic Park

Walk out of the park soaked!  LOL
Thanks for the feedback! So you think getting there at 1030 should be fine?

Thanks for the feedback! So you think getting there at 1030 should be fine?
Keep moving and watch the limited time you may have for lunch and you should be good.  Take your lunch inside Waterworld if you have to.  That is why its good to pick up the "Grab 'n Go" food instead of standing in line for a full meal.

No Blues Brothers and Animal can always be skipped if needed.

I agree that if you're pressed for time that the Grab N Go lunches are fantastic, especially the sandwiches. The food lines for Mel's and other places can take forever, so definitely take that advice.

Also, if you are pressed for time with a new visitor, don't visit the crappy attractions that you've done or don't personally enjoy, like Shrek. And I mean if you're REALLY pressed for time. Just tell your guest "the attraction is available on Netflix" lol.