FJ and tall folks | Inside Universal Forums

FJ and tall folks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 15, 2016
Looking at going to USH for the first time in 10 years just because of the WWoHP.  Really the only ride I care about (for me anyways) is Forbidden Journey.  However, I'm 6'5" with somewhat broad shoulders.  I called USH the other day to see if there was some sort of measurement or solution to see if I would fit on the ride without paying for the ticket first.  Since, to be honest, if I can't do FJ, I really don't think I'm going to visit the park this time (maybe down the road during a weekday and the daily ticket is cheap). The employee I spoke with actually called the attraction folks and asked for me.  She could only say that there is a test seat out in front of the attraction, but there is no other way to measure or tell.  She said some folks fit just fine, and some have trouble. 

Any tall folks on these forums ride and do so without issue?  I would appreciate your input.  Thanks!

These dimensions are from the Florida version. I don't know if Hollywood is different.

FJ_Measurements-682x1024.jpg

I am 6'5" tall and 270 pounds. I have no problem with FJ except that I am close to the limit with my waist. I am asked many times to test the chair even after I tell them I have been on it many times. Shoulders for me are not the problem. Getting the required amount of clicks when pulling the restraint down is the hard part. I usually bring it down quickly so it will lock into place at the desired location for the attendant. For some reason in Hollywood they have told me that they cannot push down on the restraint for me unlike Orlando. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks for the great info and pictures folks.  I think I will just go and try it out.  At least I can see WWoHP and try the Butterbeer.