Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Food and Souviner Prices

Nov 27, 2016
Hey, my name is Darnell. Im planning a trip for me and my dad to go to Universal on my birthday which is on December 24. I will have a total of 500 dollars. Can you guys give me some tips on how to make my money stretch when it comes to food and souviners? Note: Im planning on buying a wand from Ollivander's.

oh sorry forgot to mention,i will 500 dollars but only will bring 150 dollars for food and merch since i will already have my ticket advance.

oh sorry forgot to mention,i will 500 dollars but only will bring 150 dollars for food and merch since i will already have my ticket advance.

You have a few choices, but if you're buying food for two, you'll need to do some planning to avoid spending over 2/3 of your budget on food alone.

If you're willing to have lunch on the cheap (relatively speaking), CityWalk is your place to go. Blaze Pizza and some of the other quick serve restaurants should allow you to have lunch for two if you're willing to limit your choices down to a dish and a beverage. You'll save even more if you substitute a cup of water in lieu of a soft drink. Lunch shouldn't run more than about 25 bucks for two if you pursue this route. Just be sure to get a hand stamp before you leave the park, and be sure to keep your ticket.

If you want to splurge for dinner, Three Broomsticks can serve two - but be warned. The bill can easily go above 50 bucks if you choose a dish, Butterbeer and a dessert.

The CityWalk + Three Broomsticks combination would give you about 70 bucks give or take for souvenirs. The wand - I believe - is in the ballpark of around 40 bucks, so you'll have 30 dollars left to spend. Add or subtract food accordingly if you want more money for souvenirs.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any additional questions.