FOTL or not | Inside Universal Forums

FOTL or not

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 5, 2015
Hi,

So very excited about a trip to universal with family (wife, 6 year old and 8 year old) for the first time. So I'm planning on going Wednesday 6/17, however we would consider going on Tuesday based on your feedback.

So here are the questions.

Question 1 - What should we expect as far as crowd? It's probably after the school year, but before the F&F opening, and middle of the week, so I'm hoping it won't be as bad.

Also we will probably want to ride everything and things like Mummy, Transformers, and Despicable Me twice and not wait forever in lines to do so (note children ages). Question 2 - Should we/ will we need Front of the Line passes, even if we get there at opening?

Question 3- Any good touring plans you guys can suggest based on what you think the crowds will be in early summer on a Wednesday, pre Fast and Furious?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I would say save your money. FOTL is usually a waste unless is dead middle of summer.

As for the rest, a few threads have some pretty good info for stuff like that. When I can give a more detailed answer from my computer and not my phone I will!

Tuesday or Wednesday shouldn't be a problem. It's not too packed during the weekdays unless it's in the middle of Summer or something. I was actually at Universal today and it wasn't busy at all. I would say that you don't need to invest in a Front of the Line Pass because I honestly think the lines aren't that bad in the morning. I do recommend going to the rides you and your family want to go on the most as soon as the park opens. Rides like The Mummy and Jurassic Park tend to get busy in the afternoon, depending on the day.