Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Animal Kingdom?

Dec 28, 2019
Their have been rumors swirling around bringing black panther or zootopia to animal kingdom in the future and even a lion king dark ride I heard what does Disney have in store for a new land or new attraction or attractions at AK do they even have room for new land?

There enough space that could be used at Animal Kingdom for either completely new lands or expansions to existing lands.

As for what will be next, credible rumors have run cold lately, though insiders have said there's apparently something on the potential drawing board for the next 5ish years.

Their have been rumors swirling around bringing black panther or zootopia to animal kingdom in the future and even a lion king dark ride I heard what does Disney have in store for a new land or new attraction or attractions at AK do they even have room for new land?
Welcome to the Forum & Happy Holidays. :thumbsup::toast:

Yes a complete re-write and redo is the best option
I could 100% see this for the 50th Anniversary in 2021. They’ll want something new in every park to distribute the crowds well and encourage visits to all 4 parks.

Other options:
  • Rumored Zootopia ride
  • Speculated Indiana Jones ride set in South America
  • Rivers of Light redo
  • (“Disco Yeti” begone)

I could 100% see this for the 50th Anniversary in 2021. They’ll want something new in every park to distribute the crowds well and encourage visits to all 4 parks.

Other options:
  • Rumored Zootopia ride
  • Speculated Indiana Jones ride set in South America
  • Rivers of Light redo
  • (“Disco Yeti” begone)
I know Joe Rhode and his earring have mentioned that they are going to fix the Yeti...But I still have my doubts to be honest.

I feel park rating is highly effected by Everest being open or not

Yeah. For those that have been to the park a good number of times, there's still not a ton of stuff to do. There's only so many times you can walk the Animal trails before it gets old. FOP lines are too long to wait in stand by, as is Navii too. Take down Everest, and there'e not much else to ride.

I know Joe Rhode and his earring have mentioned that they are going to fix the Yeti...But I still have my doubts to be honest.

I feel park rating is highly effected by Everest being open or not
Good intentions or not the fact is it is not his Yeti so unless he spends some of his political capital and forces the matter it is not his decision to fix the Yeti. Has to be further up than that.

I just don't see how they can fix rivers of light with no pyro available and the current floats.

I would say HHN's Halloween Marathon of Mayhem was living proof you can have a great nighttime show with no pyro. An that show was solely fountains, projections and music!

Though I will agree, with what RoL currently has, I have a hard time figuring out how to fix it without a serious overhaul. So far both iterations of the show are boring, and I feel it shows it's hand way too early in the show and has nowhere to go afterwards. For me, I would pace this like the former "Legend of Mythica" show at TDS, starting small and building up to a very grand and elaborate water pageant. There's potential for a cool lantern festival type of show, but right now it just ain't cutting it.

Fixing the Yeti is just a giant circlejerk now. It's going to add very little while most people won't notice any different and AK probably has more pressing issues.
Yeah. The Yeti is past history. Only the hardcore fans are aware of the issue, and many of them may not care anymore since it's such old news. The General Public, for the most part, doesn't even know. In reality, it's a non issue. The ride is damn good the way it is.

Having never experience the yeti, I can say that Everest is probably my favorite Disney ride, although probably tied with Tower of Terror ultimately. I don’t think the Yeti is an issue plus there are so many other areas of need at this park.

I'd rather have an expansion for the uber short Kali River rapids or an update for Dinoland than some movement on Disco Yeti. Every single time I road it I missed it (in disco mode). It's a failed project there to remind imagineers to do better and that is fine.

I'd rather have an expansion for the uber short Kali River rapids or an update for Dinoland than some movement on Disco Yeti. Every single time I road it I missed it (in disco mode). It's a failed project there to remind imagineers to do better and that is fine.
Yeah it really is a non issue for the park as a whole...However, it's a major point of contention and a white whale for DisTwitter