Future of France | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of France

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at Disney's recent history, it's most likely that Ratatouille would replace Impressions. Disney isn't interested in growing as much as replacing/enhancing. They really haven't added anything "new" in the way of capacity in years, just replaced existing things. Most theme parks are doing this, trying to keep the attraction counts the same and just replacing and updating. This keeps costs more or less the same for maintenance and staffing.

Looking at Disney's recent history, it's most likely that Ratatouille would replace Impressions. Disney isn't interested in growing as much as replacing/enhancing. They really haven't added anything "new" in the way of capacity in years, just replaced existing things. Most theme parks are doing this, trying to keep the attraction counts the same and just replacing and updating. This keeps costs more or less the same for maintenance and staffing.

I'm not saying you're in any way incorrect, but that's so infuriatingly short-sighted.

I honestly wouldn't see it surviving an overhaul (not that I want it to go away) but I think they would want to use that space + the expansion, it's what makes sense. I would love for a new attraction as well, whether it be in France or the UK.

I honestly wouldn't see it surviving an overhaul (not that I want it to go away) but I think they would want to use that space + the expansion, it's what makes sense. I would love for a new attraction as well, whether it be in France or the UK.
Not that France needs another restaurant, but perhaps the space could be used for Bistrot Chez Remy. I do like the small scale dining room style.

n017662_2050jan01_bistrot-chez-remy_16-9.jpg

Reactions: IOAGuy
It's been discussed a bit in "The State of Epcot" thread. The impression the rumors give is that this hypothetical attraction is probably going to be something very small-scale, so I'm not sure if the rumor warrants its own thread at this point. Maybe once we get some more definitive indications from insiders?

Thanks! I agree doesn't seem like anything substantial will happen any time in the near future.

I would love an Alice attraction though... (beyond teacups)

Reactions: belloq87
Thanks! I agree doesn't seem like anything substantial will happen any time in the near future.

I would love an Alice attraction though... (beyond teacups)

There's a lot of potential for a U.K.-based attraction, certainly, but it sounds like the proposal is something on the order of a carousel or a flat ride of similar scale. If it ends up happening at all. I'm thinking the France project is the most certain thing coming to World Showcase.

Between this and the rumored UK attraction, it'll be nice seeing WS grow for a change.

The UK attraction would make the most sense as either Mary Poppins or 101 Dalmatians (popular IPs, both have sequels/reboots in the near future, set in real-world UK). Brave could also work if they add a Scotland mini-land.

Peter Pan and Alice take place predominantly in fantasy settings, while Robin Hood, The Sword in the Stone and The Great Mouse Detective just aren't popular enough to justify a flat ride or walkthrough, sadly.

I'd love to see a Fantasyland-style dark ride on Basil Street, but a unique jolly holiday with Mary flat ride could be just as fun for the UK.

Reactions: belloq87
Was at Epcot today. It was interesting to see temporary walls up in front of the France expansion plot. I didn't know if this was for removal of Flower and Garden decorations or maybe the start of something more.

I hope you enjoy it. This attraction introduced me to the composer Camille Saint-Saëns. I've viewed the film as perfection from day one. Still, all good things...
Interesting to see this comment that you made a few days before we were at Epcot in May. We absolutely love the Impressions film & music. Alene was so impressed with the music that this time she asked the French employee if he knew the name of that movement. He gave her the sheet of paper that had the music & scenes on it, so she looked it up in the internet & periodically played it on her smartphone the rest of the trip....We both actually think this film is a better attraction than Soarin. I would hate to see it replaced. It's almost perfection.

Reactions: Quint
Was at Epcot today. It was interesting to see temporary walls up in front of the France expansion plot. I didn't know if this was for removal of Flower and Garden decorations or maybe the start of something more.
If it was on the left side of France, yes that's them taking down Festival stuff.