Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, there is a fun practical scarab effect where they drop out of a reservoir into a tray and fall

Also there is a rotating scarab effect on the columns and a practical scarab curtain that moves through the whole room when they come out of the wall

Mixed with projection it's a fun little grouping of effects practical and projected
There is also a subtle water effect in that scene.

Yes, there is a fun practical scarab effect where they drop out of a reservoir into a tray and fall

Also there is a rotating scarab effect on the columns and a practical scarab curtain that moves through the whole room when they come out of the wall

Mixed with projection it's a fun little grouping of effects practical and projected

I was not aware of this.

Reactions: shiekra38
Was this not a part of the ride in the very beginning? I could’ve sworn this was an effect on the ride when it first opened.

I first rode it a little over a year after it opened and there were none. Given how worried I was that there was going to be something like that I would’ve definitely remembered if there had been.

I first rode it a little over a year after it opened and there were none. Given how worried I was that there was going to be something like that I would’ve definitely remembered if there had been.

According to Wiki it opened in May 2004, I was there in August 2004 and I distinctly remember riding it twice and feeling the “beetles” on my legs both times, but, now I’m second guessing myself.

Reactions: Grabnar
Was this not a part of the ride in the very beginning? I could’ve sworn this was an effect on the ride when it first opened.

Orlando never had the ticklers - just the water spray. Hollywood added the ticklers for their version as part of a series of improvements when reviews were less than great.

Orlando never had the ticklers - just the water spray. Hollywood added the ticklers for their version as part of a series of improvements when reviews were less than great.

So they had water spray during the beetle scene and when the glass breaks?

I could have sworn that I posted something that they needed to start a rolling investment program to plus some of the older rides and the example I thought I gave was updating the projectors, upscale the queue video to HD, and adding directional speakers to the opening section with "the curse, it's real..."

But I guess not :lol:

There's a lot of other opportunities to freshen things up for not a lot of money. Good to see they're (hopefully) starting to do that.

Reactions: Nico
According to Wiki it opened in May 2004, I was there in August 2004 and I distinctly remember riding it twice and feeling the “beetles” on my legs both times, but, now I’m second guessing myself.
Yes. I was at Universal in spring 2004 and they were doing a soft opening of Mummy. The line stretched a couple blocks, so we didn't even bother trying.

Reactions: shiekra38
I swear I've only felt the water like twice in all my times riding it. I think I can always see it spraying but the ride vehicle seems like the coaster itself is already past that part when it happens.