Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand it is impossible to say as 'late summer' is pretty vague but just wondering what sort of date people think this will reopen? My partner and I will be in Florida for our honeymoon From mid-August for 2 weeks. I have been before and love this ride but she has never been.

We initially booked this trip 3 years ago and had to cancel for obvious reasons so really hoping we can finally make it next year.

I understand it is impossible to say as 'late summer' is pretty vague but just wondering what sort of date people think this will reopen? My partner and I will be in Florida for our honeymoon From mid-August for 2 weeks. I have been before and love this ride but she has never been.

We initially booked this trip 3 years ago and had to cancel for obvious reasons so really hoping we can finally make it next year.

I would assume they would try to get it open before the peak Mid-July/Early August crowds.

Reactions: Ricci88
I'm pretty pretty sure this refurb is just to replace the launch and fix the breaks. 7 months isn't all that long for major coaster refurb. Hulk was closed for about a year, and Disneyland's Space Mtn. was closed for almost 2 years.
Yes, breaking-wise there is a different between "fast" and "rough"..The quick stops make sense story wise, but they are getting pretty uncomfortable

I expect they are looking at improving the breaking system

Additionally, I expect the launch will be improved

I mean, considering how launches have improved over the last decade, it's a no brainer

Reactions: frank_1991_
I'm pretty pretty sure this refurb is just to replace the launch and fix the breaks. 7 months isn't all that long for major coaster refurb. Hulk was closed for about a year, and Disneyland's Space Mtn. was closed for almost 2 years.
Mummy is a great example of the classic phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...unless its the roller coaster structure.

Mummy does not need major changes other than some technical stuff like the 180 projection scene not being dark enough (even after the recent change) and some cosmetic changes to the finale since you can see some maintenance things.

...and please turn off the maintenance lights at the bottom of some of the show scenes at the start.

SNL always plays an old episode at 10:00 on Saturday’s when a new episode is on. This last Saturday’s episode was Brendan Fraser......

Let’s hope this is a sign of confidence in his part in the ride from NBCUniversal lol

I'm Dutch and we are freakishly long, although I do my best to take the average down, but if it comes back with more leg-room in the ride vehicle I will kiss every person who implemented that change (if they are okay with that).
Re-tracking a coaster in a building with themed elements around it. That is a complex job. Then sync up the ride with the dark ride elements, obligatory testing, maybe adding a sparkle farting mummy just to piss off some individuals on this forum (just kidding, or am I) and that is a very short time to do this job.

Reactions: DK745
That's not long enough for a re-track
Which is why I’ve heard people were worried it may take longer than they’re saying.

But as many has posited, this will likely be a partial retrack. But it will still pretty much more involved than any refurbishment for this attraction to date.

It probably helps that they did effects upgrades during a recent refurb so they can just focus on these other updates this time.

That's not long enough for a re-track

I think there’s ample time.

The Hulk redo took 11 months, end of summer could be 9 months.

This has many advantages over that project.:
  1. It's not over a guest area, so crews can work during park hours
  2. Hulk has 3700ft of track. Mummy has 2200ft of track
  3. The supports probably don't need to be replaced

Which is why I’ve heard people were worried it may take longer than they’re saying.

But as many has posited, this will likely be a partial retrack. But it will still pretty much more involved than any refurbishment for this attraction to date.

It probably helps that they did effects upgrades during a recent refurb so they can just focus on these other updates this time.
Well if I were to believe any park could pull it off these guys would be the ones.