Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tink is nearly eaten by a toad. In this instance, he is referencing to the beginning, to where the fairy in Shrek 4D was eaten at first by a toad, but then got out, and was dragging the toad around as we followed the action before being reintroduced to Shrek (Layered Ogre), Donkey (Ass), and Fi.
That was first in the original Peter Pan movie though, right? So Shrek was the one doing the spoofing.

That was first in the original Peter Pan movie though, right? So Shrek was the one doing the spoofing.

Tink was nearly eaten by a fish in the Disney film. Last time I checked, fishes aren’t frogs. Friends, but not frogs.

The entire shtick of the first Srek was spoofing Disney.

They didn’t even do that good of a job. If Farquaad is supposed to be an Eisner spoof, he wouldn’t have banished the fairy tales; he’d exploit them for all their worth.

The 2nd Shrek makes fun of Disney princess movies a lot too. The whole franchise is meant to be the counter culture to Disney. Hence Fiona’s true form being an ogre and not a hot chick in the end of the first movie.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
The 2nd Shrek makes fun of Disney princess movies a lot too. The whole franchise is meant to be the counter culture to Disney. Hence Fiona’s true form being an ogre and not a hot chick in the end of the first movie.
Good point. I never picked up on the Fiona parody of Disney princesses myself. You opened my eyes. Ye gads (stole that phrase from The Music Man) , I'm sure you're right. :):thumbsup:

To bring a dead thread back, and albeit..in wondering (And to do the obligitory "Replace Shrek 4-D with anything") post, Andy..might be knowing something.

If Comcast and NBCUniversal are to per say, bring an IP back to the table, then..who's to say they may be looking at putting Off The Leash in Orlando? And in this case, in Shrek 4-D?

It would actually not take that much space, as they can fit it if they go with a Hollywood style layout of one floor being queue, and the other being the ride. And if they're looking for options already at the "basically finished" stage.

No clue if it's happening or where it'd go, but it makes sense if there was a large meeting with Important People recently that put EU back on the front burner AND HHN dates announced quicker than planned, I could see them wanting to build in the existing parks quicker too.

To bring a dead thread back, and albeit..in wondering (And to do the obligitory "Replace Shrek 4-D with anything") post, Andy..might be knowing something.

If Comcast and NBCUniversal are to per say, bring an IP back to the table, then..who's to say they may be looking at putting Off The Leash in Orlando? And in this case, in Shrek 4-D?

It would actually not take that much space, as they can fit it if they go with a Hollywood style layout of one floor being queue, and the other being the ride. And if they're looking for options already at the "basically finished" stage.

Shrek getting replaced with an actual ride would be a great step in the right direction

I've always been under the impression that nothing could fit there *but* a theater...I guess not

No clue if it's happening or where it'd go, but it makes sense if there was a large meeting with Important People recently that put EU back on the front burner AND HHN dates announced quicker than planned, I could see them wanting to build in the existing parks quicker too.

The plus side to that, is if this means they're going to invest for projects before and after EU. While smaller additions, it could be a fun and great opportunity, especially with something like Off The Leash; which if it comes to USF, would be a great dynamic change compared to other attractions in the park.

Shrek getting replaced with an actual ride would be a great step in the right direction

I've always been under the impression that nothing could fit there *but* a theater...I guess not

Off The Leash is .5 acres. And from my calculations, it can go into Shrek 4D with some small modification in layout (they could also extend part of the building to cover the exterior entrance of Shrek 4-D, adding even more square foot space.

Reactions: shiekra38
it can go into Shrek 4D with some small modification in layout (they could also extend part of the building to cover the exterior entrance of Shrek 4-D, adding even more square foot space.
Ah, there is a bit of an extended queue isn't there?

I wonder if they would reconfigure the current entrance to Shrek 4D so that you enter from Hollywood (where you entered Killer Klownz for example)

Ah, there is a bit of an extended queue isn't there?

I wonder if they would reconfigure the current entrance to Shrek 4D so that you enter from Hollywood (where you entered Killer Klownz for example)

I'd assume the extended queue would be saved for the purpose of if things go to heck with capacity (similar to Fallon), as Off The Leash does use a virtual system.

That said, to albeit bring a point: it's not like there is a maze that's supposed to be there for HHN30 now. unless if they had plans to use that space for a maze.

I’ve never even seen SLoP and I’m pumped if this is true. Shrek is the most dated thing at Studios at this point when considering the mix of tech, IP and re-ridability. Plus it’s another screen based attraction.

Reactions: belloq87
I'd assume the extended queue would be saved for the purpose of if things go to heck with capacity (similar to Fallon), as Off The Leash does use a virtual system.

That said, to albeit bring a point: it's not like there is a maze that's supposed to be there for HHN30 now. unless if they had plans to use that space for a maze.

I could imagine Pets being adjusted to make a larger queue indoors and push the shop into the *goes to google maps search* Betty Boop Store? Yeah I guess that's what it is.

I could imagine Pets being adjusted to make a larger queue indoors and push the shop into the *goes to google maps search* Betty Boop Store? Yeah I guess that's what it is.
I know Hello Kitty is popular and all, but I wish there was something else there