Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

Am I wrong to say that feels kinda small for Pokemon? Given that Kidzone could include AA theatre also.
This was my initial thought too, BUT if they take all the way up to MIB that gives them two buildings to work with and a spinner ride to retheme

I would be just as happy if they took FFL down to partway through Springfield

This is quickly becoming another Kidzone thread, but I feel like Springfield is a bit too exposed as of now

I would much rather a Poke Land be tucked away

After thinking on it, I wouldn't mind if Dreamworks Theater replaced DM, SLoP in Shrek, Minions Land (From Beijing) in Springfield (with an exclusive dark ride)

Trolls in Kidzone, PokeLand takes FFL and MIB

Simpsons might be an old ride....but it's still entertaining and funny as all hell. But the key is that Springfield is really popular with the GP, most of the Springfield improvements are fairly new, and fairly credible accounts
have the contract extending to at least 2028. That's a long 7 years away at the least. It would be a strange business decision to replace a very popular profitable land just for the sake of change, or to accommodate
another IP that also had rights fees ,. I don't see anything happening here for a long time.

Simpsons might be an old ride....but it's still entertaining and funny as all hell. But the key is that Springfield is really popular with the GP, most of the Springfield improvements are fairly new, and fairly credible accounts
have the contract extending to at least 2028. That's a long 7 years away at the least. It would be a strange business decision to replace a very popular profitable land just for the sake of change, or to accommodate
another IP that also had rights fees ,. I don't see anything happening here for a long time.
Yes, the Springfield area is pretty successful

Part of me feels you could plug in Minions and it wouldn't be a huge issue

Especially if you have a good dark ride in the land

Yes, the Springfield area is pretty successful

Part of me feels you could plug in Minions and it wouldn't be a huge issue

Especially if you have a good dark ride in the land
In 2029 though, possibly. Just as easy to put minions in KidZone now, as a better business move. No good reason to replace a strong profit area like Springfield when
there's other areas of the park that are lacking.....cough cough, Kidzone, SF (F&F).

In 2029 though, possibly. Just as easy to put minions in KidZone now, as a better business move. No good reason to replace a strong profit area like Springfield when
there's other areas of the park that are lacking.....cough cough, Kidzone, SF (F&F).
Yeah, Springfield is definitely low on the totem pole

Gonna plop this @Alicia article right here; as it might be something to look into..

Lots of possibilities to digest here, but my observations:

1. I want SLOP (or something extremely similar) in the worst way at USF, and sooner than later. Shrek still seems like the ideal location, being located on Screens Street.
2. The original Villain-Con concept sounded much better than the new walk-through shooting gallery one. Interactivity is overrated (there, I said it), and it wouldn't do much to help rebalance the park away from screens.
3. I would love to see a significant attraction finally take the Fear Factor plot... but I still have no interest in the broom VR ride, unfortunately. And it would be adding another simulator to a park already full of them.
4. If the broom VR ride came to USF, would it be replaced with anything in Epic Universe? Surely they wouldn't cut the ride count by an entire attraction when the park is already shaping up to be on the lighter side in terms of significant ones, right?

Last edited:
Gonna plop this @Alicia article right here; as it might be something to look into..

I know that the walkthrough villain con is more likely than an actual ride but I would love if they made villain con similar to Toy Story Mania where it parks you in front of each villain booth with one villain AA and then you “test” out the weapon by firing at the screen targets and you earn points. As for Secret Life of Pets, I think it’s a great family ride that is much needed at Universal and I would gladly welcome that but I would love if it was a little different than Hollywood’s. Maybe they can create a little SLOP area where Blue Man group is with the ride, store and a snack stand.

SLOP needs to be in USF, desperately. It’s perfect for it. 2 more screen attractions is a really bad idea I think.... and I’m not the most screen fatigued compared to some, but this is too much.

Villain Con isn’t meant for adults it seems, so that’s fine, but it feels like a waste not being a ride system of some sort, even if it’s an Omnimover.

I know that the walkthrough villain con is more likely than an actual ride but I would love if they made villain con similar to Toy Story Mania where it parks you in front of each villain booth with one villain AA and then you “test” out the weapon by firing at the screen targets and you earn points. As for Secret Life of Pets, I think it’s a great family ride that is much needed at Universal and I would gladly welcome that but I would love if it was a little different than Hollywood’s. Maybe they can create a little SLOP area where Blue Man group is with the ride, store and a snack stand.
This seems like a logical route to me

Give it three different routes (or however many they can fit in there)

I know Universal doesn't like trackless, but this seems like the perfect ride to make trackless